NJ FFA Association State Activity Guide
Instructions for using Microsoft Excel Template Applications and Registrations
- In order to use any Microsoft Excel Template from the Office of Agricultural Education you must have the following items.
- IBM compatible computer with Microsoft Excel 2000 or Microsoft Excel XP software loaded on it.
- The computer must have the correct system requirements to run this software.
***All schools, which received an Agricultural Education Technology Grant, were provided with all these requirements.
- Whenever you open a file from the Office of Agricultural Education you should enable macros, as they may be a vital part of how the application works.
- In order to fill out the application it is easiest to use the Tab key. Hitting the tab key will move you to the next cell you are able to write in. Many cells are locked so you will only be able to type in certain designated cells. Cells are locked to ensure that formulas work correctly.
- Whenever you are asked to enter a date, enter it in a MM/DD/YY format, unless otherwise noted.
- If you are asked to supply a year, supply it in a four-digit format (i.e.: 2001). Never enter a range of years (i.e.: 2000-2002). It will not register in the computer, and will jeopardize the student's chance to receive maximum points in an award application.
- In all templates, it is best to finish the entire workbook before printing.
- It is advisable to fill out the application/ registration pages in order as well. Some information transfer's automatically and will cause confusion if you skip back and forth between pages.
- When registrations are completed they may be e-mailed to email@example.com. You should then make sure to immediately send the registration fee.
- When award applications are completed you must print them out and obtain all necessary signatures in order for them to be accepted. They should then be mailed to New Jersey Department of Agriculture, Office of Agricultural Education, P.O. Box 330, Trenton, NJ 08625-0330.
- Always make sure to follow any specific instructions on an application or registration form.
If you have any further questions about the operation of a Microsoft Excel template, please contact the Office of Agricultural Education at 1-877-AgEdFFA.