What do you know about the quality
of New Jersey health plans?
This report provides information about:
Why is the quality of health care important?
- How consumers rated their health plans and doctors
- How easily consumers got the care they needed
- How well health plans provided preventive care, such as immunizations
and mammograms, to help people stay healthy
- How well health plans cared for people who are ill, such as managing
the cholesterol level of people with heart disease
Not all health plans are the same. Health plans differ in how well
they keep people healthy and care for them when they become sick.
That’s why learning about
health care quality is important.
What should you consider when choosing your
- If you are a consumer, the
quality of care provided by your health plan may influence your health
and your family’s health.
- If you are an employer,
the quality of care provided by your health plan may influence absenteeism,
employee productivity and your company’s health care costs.
You can use this report, along with cost and benefit information available
from your employer or the health plan, to choose the best health plan for you.
When choosing a health plan, consider:
- Whether your doctor or health care provider is available
in the plan
- Whether the plan offers the benefits you want
- How much the plan will cost you (look at both monthly premiums
and out-of-pocket expenses, such as copayments, coinsurance and deductibles)
- How well the plan performs in areas most important to you