- Assist victims with concerns related to offenders ordered to the jurisdiction of the New Jersey Department of Corrections.
- Provide support for all affected individuals of crime (i.e., family and community members), and act as a referral agent to assist victims in obtaining resources.
- Collaborate with local, state, and federal agencies in order to increase awareness of victims' issues throughout the community.
- Assist victims relative to the Department's community release process.
- Offer a Victim-Impact Program entitled "Focus on the Victim" (FOV) to offenders assigned to New Jersey's adult state correctional institutions. The FOV Program seeks to raise the offender's understanding and awareness of the long-term impact of his/her actions on victims of crime and society as a whole. Facilitated by trained staff members, the FOV Program outlines the impact of crime on victims, communities, as well as the victim's family members.
- Volunteer Guest Speaker Network - One of the most significant aspects of the Focus on the Victim Program is the personalizing of the crime and its effect on victims, families, and the community. To enforce this message, the FOV Program provides the opportunity for victims/survivors, secondary victims, and victim service professionals to speak directly to inmates participating in the FOV Program about the significant impact that crime has on victims.
- For more information concerning our Volunteer Guest Speaker Network, please contact us at (609) 292-4036 Ext, 5299 or 1-800-996-2029.