Marriage Licenses/Civil Unions are obtained through the Registrar's Office in the City of Millville, 3rd Floor of the Municipal Building.
- Applications for marriage licenses/civil unions can be taken at any time Mon.-Fri.. 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
- Marriage Licenses/Civil Unions application are to be made in the New Jersey municipality in which either party resides and the license is valid throughout the State of New Jersey. If neither applicant is a New Jersey resident, submit the application in the municipality where the ceremony will be performed, the license is only valid in the issuing municipality.
- To apply for the license both applicants and one witness 18 years or older must be present. We respectfully request that both applicants bring their birth records and driver's license and/or utility bill for proof of residency
- If either applicant has been previously in a Domestic Status, we request that you bring your divorce papers, or a death certificate, for what ever the case may be.
- Once the application has been taken there is a 72 hour waiting period, once the license has been issued it is valid for 30 days.
- The fee for the Marriage License/Civil Union is $28.00, which is due at the time of the application
Certificate of Marriage/Civil Union: The Officiate who performs the ceremony files the Certificate with the Registrar of the Municipality where the ceremony was performed.
A License may never be used outside of New Jersey and a license issued in another state may never be used in New Jersey.
Frequently Asked Questions