The Tax/Utility office is situated on the 1st floor of the
municipal building, which is located at 12 S High Street.
Office & Drive--Thru hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Phone: 856-825-7000 Extension 7611
The utility billing department, has many duties, which include but are not limited to:
a)Generating Utility Billings
b)Processing Meter Readings
c)Enforcing Collections of Bills by Turn-off's and Tax Sale
d)Maintaining Customer Files for all Accounts in the City of Millville
Interest will be charged at a rate of 8% for the 1st $1500.00 of delinquency and 18% for any delinquency over $1500.00 per state statute N.J.S.A 54:4-67.
Any balance owing as of Dec 30, in excess of $10,000 will be assessed a 6% year-end penalty.
Understanding Utility Termination Procedures:
When utilities (water and sewer) become delinquent, we have guidelines to follow, to enforce collections of daily accounts, that can lead to the termination of your utilities.
1) 1st notice of delinquency is a delinquent letter, sent after the due date, to remind the homeowner of a balance due, these letters are generated once a month until the account is no longer in arrears.
2) Once the bill is considered 30 days delinquent, we issue a notice of violation; giving a time period as to when the account must be paid in order to avoid any further collection procedures.
3) After the Notice of Violation is issued, and the time frame as expired as stated on the notice an Order to Show Cause will be issued; where a homeowner must pay the amount due for the delinquent quarter or show cause as to why their utility services should not be terminated.This meeting is usually held the 1st or 2nd Tuesday of every month. Once these notices are sent an additional fee of $25.00 for Water and $25.00 for Sewer that will be added to the account, to cover administrative fees such as the cost of mailings.
4) A Resolution will be approved by the Board of Commisioners, at the meeting following the Order to Show Cause Hearing, asking for permission to terminate service, to all delinquent properties; that have not paid up to that date;
Once approved, the property will be posted for termination the Wednesday
following the commission meeting.A copy of this posting will be mailed and posted on the property.
5) The homeowner must pay the amount due for the delinquent quarter, or make payment arrangements, prior to the turn-off date. Once the property is sent to the Water Superintendent on the day of turn-off's; this property is considered off, and a turn-off and turn-on fee will be charged of $25.00 each; and the total amount
due on the account must be paid, a homeowner can no longer just pay the quarter it was turned-off for.
6) All water or sewer charges outstanding as of the 11th day of the 11th Month of the current calendar year, provided the tax sale is held during the last month of the calendar year, will be subject to our tax sale. This includes any account that has been turned off for non-payment, and still has a delinquent balance.