Mercer County residency is required within one year of appointment. All applicants are subject to pre-employment tests: drug, physical and criminal background check.
Position Summary: The Mercer County Park Commission seeks a Seasonal Naturalist to teach nature programs and assist with stewardship in the County Park System. The main duty of the Seasonal Naturalist is to develop and teach engaging environmental education programs to children and families, including school field trips, preschool, after school, scouting and nature camp programs. This position also has stewardship responsibilities, including native garden care, trail maintenance, and native tree/shrub planting. The Seasonal Naturalist will also assist the County Naturalist and Nature Center Manager as needed, including but not limited to: supervising interns, staffing information tables at fairs/ festivals, monitoring supplies and equipment, coordinating community and volunteer events and trail monitoring. More Information...
Position Summary: The Land Steward works with and reports directly to the County Naturalist. The Land Steward plays a significant role in the preservation of county open space by implementing stewardship initiatives and monitoring fee-owned open space. Specifically, this individual will maintain and manage the deer hunting program, invasive species management, specific restoration projects and the County’s Emerald Ash Borer Plan. This position will also coordinate trail maintenance and volunteer projects and events pertaining to stewardship. More Information...
The Mercer County Park Commission seeks applicants for Barn Worker positions at the Mercer County Equestrian Center. The Equestrian Center, located in Pennington, is open 7 days a week offering a variety of equine related activities to the public.
The main duties of a barn worker are general horse and barn care and tasks listed below:
Daily Tasks (including but not limited to)
- Daily turn-out
- Cleaning and bedding of stalls
- Cleaning & filling water buckets
- Cleaning & filling of grain buckets
- Feeding grain & hay to horses
- Restocking feed bins, hay and shavings
- Emptying of garbage cans (inside & outside)
- Straightening & mopping lounge, cleaning kitchen and restrooms
- Cleaning wash stalls, grooming stalls, and tack rooms
- Sweeping of aisles when dirty
- Picking out of both riding arenas
- Check horse blankets, correct/change when required
- Check water troughs
Tasks Performed As Needed (including but not limited to)
- Disinfecting water/feed buckets & water troughs
- Watering arenas
- Picking out run-in sheds and in front of pasture gates
- Unloading feed, shavings and hay deliveries
- Light grounds maintenance
- Washing of barns surfaces (i.e. bars)
- Assist farrier and veterinarian when management is not available
- Help out at special events
With experience/additional training (including but not limited to)
- Manicuring and maintenance of arena footing (18 years & older)
- Checking pasture fence lines for repair & performing repairs
- Spreading of manure (18 years & older)
- Looking for & reporting injuries & signs of illness of all horses
- Answering phones & visitors inquiries
- Bathing horses
- Cleaning tack
- Supervise group lessons students when tacking, untacking, hosing off, etc.
- Assist in our special programs upon completion of training (i.e. Therapeutic Riding)
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Previous verifiable experience working on a horse farm is required
- Must be able to lift approximately 55lbs.
- Must be comfortable working around and with horses
- Must be comfortable working with children and the public
- Strong verbal communications skills
- Commitment to assigned work schedule- early morning, afternoon, evening, and weekend shifts. Working Saturdays and Sundays will be required.
Wage: $10.00-$13.00 per hour (pay depends on experience and availability)
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Christine Cardinal, Mercer County Equestrian Center Manager, 431B Federal City Road, Pennington, NJ 08534 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mercer County is an EOE/AA/ADA Employer.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Kelly Rypkema, Nature Center Manager, Mercer County Park Commission, 157 Westcott Avenue, Hamilton, NJ 08610 or via email to email@example.com. Applicants must be a resident of Mercer County. Application deadline April 14, 2017.
General Statement of Work: The Mercer County Park Commission seeks a Seasonal Naturalist to help lead programs at its new Tulpehaking Nature Center. The nature center is the main educational facility for the Abbott Marshlands, a naturally and historically important area south of Trenton containing 3000 acres of forest and tidal freshwater wetlands, 19 miles of hiking and kayaking trails, and one of the most significant American Indian archaeological sites in the Eastern United States. More Information...
The Mercer County Correction Center is seeking experienced Registered Nurse (RN’s) to provide direct and indirect nursing care to our inmate population. This is a full-time position. Prospective employees must be available work shifts in a 24 hour facility.
All candidates must possess a valid New Jersey license. Prior correctional experience is preferred but not required.
Mercer County offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package. Mercer County residency is required within one year of appointment.
Please forward resume and cover letter by October 14th to:
Mercer County Personnel Office
Raissa L. Walker, Personnel Director
640 South Broad Street
P.O. Box 8068
Trenton, NJ 08650-0068
Position available for the County of Mercer, Department of Transportation & Infrastructure. Parking Attendant candidate to operate shuttle bus transporting passengers from Airport parking lots to Airport terminal. Candidate will be required to possess Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with passenger endorsement. Previous bus or heavy duty vehicle experience preferred. Will be required to assist elderly and handicapped passengers as needed. Must be 21 years old with a clean driving record. Candidate must have strong interpersonal and communications skills, be able to read, write and compute basic math. Ability to interpret and apply transit system operating rules, regulations, policies and routes.
Salary range $16.39 - $21.78 hour
Ability to works shifts and flexible schedules
Mercer County residency required. Candidate would be subject to all Civil Service regulations. Send resume with cover letter by August 10, 2016 to: Raissa Walker, Personnel Director, Mercer County Administration Building, 640 South Broad Street, PO Box 8068, Trenton, NJ 08650-0068.