The National Softball Association (NSA) is specifically designed to meet the special needs of each facility owner and the parks/recreation departments for today and in the future. Around the country, parks facility owners and park/recreation directors search for new and better ways to satisfy their teams, managers and sponsors. “We are excited to offer Mercer County recreational softball players with this enhanced opportunity to play in Mercer County Park,” said County Executive Brian M. Hughes.
“Teams can expect a higher level of customer service, as well as increased opportunities for post-season, tournament and league play,” added Kevin Bannon, MCPC executive director.
The NSA has been in operation in New Jersey for more than 20 years and administers leagues in Tabernacle, Howell, Toms River and in Bridgewater.There are currently three slow pitch Men’s Leagues run by Mercer County:
American League (top league) – Monday/Wednesday nights
Continental League – Tuesday/Thursday nights
Independent League – Tuesday/Thursday nights
The move will provide dedicated customer service for all softball players as well as introduce new diverse opportunities to play. New Jersey State Director Andy Dill will preside over the leagues and outlined the improvements as follows:
- Teams will have a National Association behind them.
- Teams will have access to the National Office for any questions or concerns regarding NSA Softball.
- Teams will be NSA Registered and issued a sanction number which allows them access to the NSA Online System
- Teams will be posting their rosters online to reduce issues with player eligibility.
- Teams will be offered the opportunity to purchase individual team insurance.
- All teams will make the playoffs in the new format for all leagues.
- Leagues will have a website that will be accessible for every member of the league to view and post messages on the message board.
- Umpires will be given an umpire registration course and test in preparation to become a NSA Umpire.
For information about NSA, contact:
1093 Hawser Ave.
Manahawkin, NJ 08050
Cell: (732) 245-1445
For information about the Mercer County Recreation Office, contact:
James Haggerty, Director
Media inquiries: Julie Willmot
(609) 278-7137; firstname.lastname@example.org