- Complete Notary Application form - Click here to file your application online and pay the fee of $30. Paper Forms are also available by calling 609-989-6467.
(Note: you need Acrobat Reader to download this form.)
- Prospective notaries must have their applications signed by a legislator. If you file your application online it will be sent to your legislator electronically. If you choose to file a paper application, you will be responsible for delivering it to your legislator.
- After the State processes your application, you should receive yoru Notary Commission by mail . You must appear in the County Clerk’s Office to register and take your oath of office. The fee to register a Notary Commission is $15.00.
County Clerk Certification:
- County Clerk certificates of good standing for Notaries Public of New Jersey may be obtained from the Mercer County Clerk’s Office. There is a $5.00 fee for each certificate.
The Mercer County Clerk will bring her notary staff to the Mercer County Connection located in the Hamilton Square Shopping Center at 957 Route 33 and Paxson Avenue throughout the year to process Notary Public Commissions on-site. "I am pleased to bring this service , on a regular basis, to the County's satellite location for the convenience of County residents who live and work in our suburban communities," said Sollami Covello. Adding, "There is no wait to have your notary application or renewal processed, and parking is free and plentiful."
Notaries will be processed from 3:30 pm to 7:30 pm on the first Thursday of every month. The dates are listed below.
|November 6, 2014||June 4, 2015|
|December 4, 2014||July 2, 2015|
|January 15, 2015 *||August 6, 2015|
|February 5, 2015||September 3, 2015|
|March 5, 2015||October 1, 2015|
|April 2, 2015||November 5, 2015|
|May 7, 2015||December 3, 2015|
* The January notary event will take place following the New Year's holiday.