The Mercer county clerk will offer special holiday hours.
The regular Wednesday evening hours in Trenton wil NOT be held on the following dates:
Wednesday, December 24th until 6:45pm.
The Mercer county Clerk's Office will be open for passport processing with special holiday hours on the following dates:
Monday, December 22nd until 6:45pm and Monday, December 29th until 6:45pm.
Please note that our County Connection office in Hamilton Township will be open on the Saturday following Chrisdtmas, December 27th, for your convenience."
Requirements for First-Time Applicants:
- DSP-11: Application for Passport (unsigned)
- Proof of Citizenship: Please supply one of the following:
- Birth Certificate - Original with raised seal or a certified copy with raised seal; Hospital certificates or baptismal certificates are unacceptable as Primary proofs of citizenship
All United States birth certificates must meet the following criteria to apply for a U.S. Passport:
- Show the full name of the parent(s);
- Be issued by the office of vital statistics of the state, county, or city where the birth occurred;
- Show the full name of child at birth;
- Indicate the date and place of birth;
- Bear the embossed, impressed, multi-colored, or raised seal and signature of the issuing authority;
- Indicate a registration or file date that is within one year of the birth; and
- Be an original and certified document (notarized copies and photocopies are not accepted)
- Naturalization Certificate - ORIGINAL only; it will be returned to you along with your Passport.
- Driver’s License - if you are at least 17 years old; learner’s permits are not acceptable; if you are 17 and do not possess a valid license, then will use a natural parent’s license
If you do not have a driver’s license - be prepared to present various forms of I.D. such as school/college ID, business/government ID, voter voter registration, credit cards, etc...
- Photographs - Two (2) identical, recent, passport-quality 2"x2" photos; full face; NO hat; white or light background
Requirements for Renewal by Mail:
- DSP-82: Application for Renewal by Mail
Four criteria MUST be satisfied in order to renew by mail:
- Submit most recent passport
- Be at least 16 years old when most recent passport was issued
- Was issued most recent passport within the last 15 years
- Same name as on most recent passport, OR, name changed by marriage or court order; must submit proper documentation to reflect name changes
If you answer no to even ONE of the above, you CANNOT renew by mail; you MUST apply in person.
Two separate fees- Passport Services fee and a separate County Clerk processing fee
Adult (16 years old and older):
- Regular- $110.00 Passport Services fee (must be in the form of check or money order) $25.00 Mercer County Clerk processing fee (payable either by cash or check)
- Expedite- $170.00 Passport Services fee (must be in the form of check or money order) $25.00 Mercer County Clerk processing fee (payable either by cash or check)
- Parents MUST submit long-form birth certificates (those that contain child's name and BOTH parent's names) for all children under age 16, even when submitting a previous passport or citizenship certificate.
Child (under 16):
- Regular- $80.00 Passport Services fee (must be the form of check or money order) $25.00 Mercer County Clerk processing fee (payable either by cash or check)
- Expedite- $140.00 Passport Services fee (must be in the form of check or money order) $25.00 Mercer County Clerk processing fee (payable either by cash or check)
- Both parents need to be present with applying minor. If only one is available, a notarized Form 3053 from non applying parent, with copy of driver’s license or proof of identification, is required.
All applicants must appear in person.
For further assistance, please contact our Passport Desk at 609-989-6473.