(From L-R) Darlene Hanley, CEO of St Lawrence Rehabilitation Center; Liz Tindall, Vice President, Mid Jersey Chamber of Commerce; Dr. Patricia Donahue, President of Mercer County Community College; Eileen P. Thornton, former Hamilton Councilwoman and Governor Christie appointee to the NJ State Examiners Veterinarian Review Board.
In observance of Women’s Equality Day, which commemorates the 1920 passage of the 19th Amendment to the Constitution, granting women the right to vote, the Mercer County Board of Freeholders recognized eight area women for their accomplishments in business, education and community. The women selected reflect the commitment to equality and justice of a suffrage movement that began at Seneca Falls in 1848 and required 72 years of activism to achieve.
- Unable to attend the ceremony, the following women were also honored:
- Brenda Ross Dulan, Regional President of Wells Fargo
- Honorable Virginia Long, recently retired Associate Justice of the NJ Supreme Court
- Peg Forrestel, Director of Contributions and Community Affairs, Janssen Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- Rosa Rosado, Entrepreneur of McDonald’s sites (4) in the Philadelphia Area