(a) The Chairperson shall:
- Serve as chairperson of the Civil Service Commission;
- Serve as the administrator, the chief executive officer, and the appointing authority of the Commission, as well as the request officer of the Commission within the meaning of such term as defined in P.L. 1944, c. 112, § 1.
(b) The Chairperson, on behalf of the Commission, shall:
- Maintain a management information system to implement Title 11A, New Jersey Statutes;
- Establish necessary programs and policies for the State and local service;
- Between meetings of the Commission, provide for interim remedies or relief in a pending appeal where warranted, and review requests for interlocutory review of an order or ruling by an administrative law judge;
- Establish and consult with advisory board representing political subdivisions, personnel officers, labor organizations and other appropriate groups;
- Make required reports to the Governor and Legislature;
- Approve appointments in the State and local service; and
- Perform such other duties as prescribed by law and these rules.