(a) The Commissioner may delegate to an appointing authority one or more of the following functions:
1. Classifying and reclassifying positions;
2. Announcing examinations and collecting applications;
3. Administering examinations prepared by the Department of Personnel;
4. Implementing promotions upon waiver of competitive examination;
5. Certifying lists of eligibles; and
6. Other technical personnel functions.
(b) A delegation shall be in writing, designating the appointing authority representative who will be accountable for the delegation, and signed by the Commissioner. Appointing authority employees in carrying out delegated functions are also responsible to the Department of Personnel in performing such functions. The delegation memorandum shall contain:
1. The functions to be delegated;
2. The specific manner in which the delegation will be implemented;
3. The Department of Personnel representative who will have primary responsibility for supervision of the delegation;
4. The duration of the delegation, which in no event shall exceed three years, but may be renewed; and
5. Provisions for appropriate notice advising of the delegation and stating the name, address and telephone number of the representative of the appointing authority and Department of Personnel employee to be contacted in case of complaints.
(c) Department of Personnel staff may be assigned to assist in performing the delegated functions.
(d) The Commissioner may cancel, modify or limit the delegation order at any time.
(e) The following functions may not be delegated:
1. The construction of an examination;
2. Appeal decisions of the Department, Commissioner or Board; and
3. A function of the Board.
(f) In local service the delegation must be approved by the affected appointing authority when the delegation requires substantial and identifiable costs. Costs are considered substantial when they result in a significant increase in agency expenses for staff, materials and facilities after offset by savings effected by the delegation.
(g) The Department of Personnel will conduct appropriate audits of delegated functions.