(a) Appointing authorities may establish flexitime programs to accommodate operational and/or employee needs, and shall provide for:
1. Core time, which is the period of time during which all employees must be present;
2. Flexible time, which is the period of time before and after the core time in which the employees may choose, subject to appointing authority approval, time of arrival and departure;
3. A meal period which may be flexible in duration and scheduling.
(b) An appointing authority may limit participation in a flexitime program to selected groups of job titles, work units and/or work locations to accommodate operational needs.
(c) Department of Personnel assigned workweeks for affected titles, for example, 35 or 40 hours, shall be retained.
(d) Establishment, modification or termination of a flexitime program shall not become effective without the approval of the Commissioner. Requests for these actions shall be submitted at least 30 days in advance of the proposed effective date to the Department of Personnel and shall include:
1. Justification which relates the requested action to operational and employee needs;
2. Statement of impact on services to the public or agency clientele;
3. Details of the core time, flexible time and meal periods;
4. Groups of job titles, work units and/or work locations to be covered by the program;
5. Procedures governing employee participation in the program;
6. Approval procedures for individual flexitime schedules and changes;
7. Provisions for giving employees at least two weeks notice of termination of the program;
8. Monitoring and evaluation procedures; and
9. Name, address and telephone number of the program administrator.
(e) An appointing authority may authorize a complete or partial temporary suspension of the flexitime program if required by operational needs. Within 10 days of the suspension of the program, the appointing authority shall submit to the Commissioner a fully detailed justification and specify the duration of the suspension.
(f) Appointing authorities should consult with affected negotiations representatives concerning flexitime programs before implementation.
(g) A description of an appointing authority's flexitime program shall be made available to employees upon request.
(h) Overtime compensation for employees in flexitime programs shall be regulated in the same manner as for all other employees.