(a) The following employees shall be eligible for supplemental compensation on retirement ("SCOR"):
1. State employees in the career service and employees in the senior executive service with underlying permanent career service status;
2. State employees in job titles in the senior executive service without permanent career service status and in the unclassified service who have been granted sick leave under the following standards:
i. All employees in that job title are granted sick leave days in the same number and manner as set forth for State career service employees in N.J.A.C. 4A:6-1.3;
ii. Sick leave for all employees in that job title is used, reported, and subject to verification in the same manner required for State career service employees in N.J.A.C. 4A:6-1.4 and 1.5.
3. Employees of Rutgers, the State University; the New Jersey Institute of Technology; and the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, who perform services similar to those performed by employees of the New Jersey State Colleges who are in the career service, or who have been granted sick leave under the standards set forth in (a)2 above.
(b) Employees in the categories in (a) above shall be eligible for SCOR upon separation from employment based on retirement from a pension system administered by the State of New Jersey.
1. Employees removed for cause after an opportunity for a hearing, who retire in lieu of removal, or who retire under circumstances which would warrant removal, shall not be eligible for SCOR. However, the Commissioner may allow SCOR in such cases where removal was based on a medical disability or where the Commission finds sufficient mitigating circumstances to warrant supplemental compensation.
2. Employees who retire as a result of accidental or ordinary disability, and who meet all other applicable rules, shall be eligible for SCOR.
3. Employees of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey who are members of the Newark Employees' Retirement System, and who meet all other applicable rules, shall be eligible for SCOR.
4. Employees who elect deferred retirement, or whose separation from employment is not based on retirement, shall not be eligible for SCOR.
5. Faculty members of the State Colleges; Rutgers, the State University; the New Jersey Institute of Technology; and the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey who have served in an administrative capacity may be eligible for SCOR based on the time served in that administrative capacity only. Such employees, if deemed eligible, shall be entitled to payment based on sick leave and salary earned while serving in an administrative title.