Merit System Reporter
Latest Notable Decisions
- Commission grants hearing on appellant's disciplinary appeal but corrects record to reflect that the proper length of the suspension was six months. In the Matter of T.N.
- Commission denies appeal of removal from Fire Fighter list based on age finding that the appellant's service in the military was not deductible. In the Matter of Wilfredo Ruiz
- Based on anomaly in rules, Commission grants appellant additional pay for accrued sick and vacation leave upon resignation. In the Matter of David Berkley
- On remand from the Appellate Division, Commission relies on State Parole Board determination as to whether the position of Safety Specialist, MVC had access to sensitive information, to remove appellant from list. In the Matter of Martin Carluccio
- Commission grants appropriate retroactive vacation leave to part-time career service employee but denies retroactive sick and vacation leave for part-time unclassified employee. In the Matter of Kerri Armstrong and Laura Martin