How do I notify CSC about a change in my name or mailing address? Does changing my address after the Closing Date affect my eligibility for appointment?
You must immediately notify the CSC in writing if you change your name or mailing address or if it is listed incorrectly on a notice that you receive from us. To ensure that your records are updated correctly, please include the following in your request for change:
- your name;
- your social security number or, if you have been assigned a unique number for the examination process, include that number;
- your new mailing address, including zip code;
- where you actually live, if it is different from your mailing address;
- your daytime telephone number;
- your e-mail address (if you have one); and
- the effective date of the change.
Please note: Since eligibility needs to be established as of the Closing Date of the announcement, your residency code cannot be changed after the Closing Date, even if you change your residence address or mailing address. If you change your residence to another jurisdiction after the closing date, you may not be eligible for appointment in your former or new jurisdiction. Please research with both jurisdictions to see how their residency requirements will affect you before you change your residence address or mailing address.
You may also mail or fax your request as follows:
Mail it to:
NJCSC Information Center
Division of Selection Services and Recruitment
P.O. Box 310
Trenton, NJ 08625-0310
Fax it to: (609) 984-1064
For security reasons, changes cannot be made from telephone calls.