This office oversees programs that prevent homelessness and help people move out of temporary shelters and into stable, permanent housing. The office administers housing assistance programs such as the Homelessness Prevention Program (HPP), the Housing Choice Voucher Section 8 Program (Section 8) and the State Rental Assistance Program (SRAP).
Housing Assistance Programs:
- Family Self-Sufficiency
- Homelessness Prevention
- Shelter Support/Emergency Housing Grant
- Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher
- State Rental Assistance Program
- Section 8 Single Room Occupancy (SRO) - Moderate Rehabilitation
- Section 8 Homeownership Program
The New Jersey Department of Community Affairs is required to report certain information on violent crimes and drug offenses to the State Legislature.
Executive Directors of housing authorities and owners of project-based housing of ten or more units in New Jersey are required to provide this data to the Department of Community Affair.
For additional information, call
(609) 292-4080 or email Customer Service.