Universal Service Fund (USF)
Assistance Provided To: Low income persons.
Type of Assistance: Credit on natural gas or electricity.
Funding Source: A surcharge on natural gas and electric bills
Procedure for Applying: LIHEAP Application.
Award Period: Year round.
Contact: Jose Sanchez - 1 (866) 240-1347 EnergyAssistance
LIHEAP/USF Application Information:
Download the Application Form, Instructions and Required Documents [pdf 389kB]
Note: Please submit the completed application to your Local Application Agency.
The TRUE Program helps low to moderate income residents of NJ that are over income for the LIHEAP program with their gas and electric bills. For more information visit: http://www.housingall.org/utility-help.asp or contact (732) 982-8710.
- Do You Need Help With Your Home Energy Bills? - Brochure - English [pdf 192kB]
- Do You Need Help With Your Home Energy Bills? - Brochure - Spanish [pdf 231kB]
- LIHEAP/USF Fact Sheet, Income Guidelines
- Local Application Agency's Contact Information
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about USF
TOLL-FREE HOTLINE: 1 (866) 240-1347