Chapter 271, P.L. 2005 (Adopted January 5, 2006)
Chapter 19, P.L. 2004 (as amended by P.L. 2005, c.51)
N.J.S.A. 19:44A-20.4 et seq.
Special Notice: On January 13, 2008, P.L.2007, c.304 was signed into law by Governor Corzine to clarify that the pay-to-play disclosure laws do not apply to nonprofit entities. As a result, nonprofits that contract with government entities are no longer required to file the Business Entity Annual Statement with the Election Law Enforcement Commission (ELEC). Nonprofits are also no longer required to file similar disclosure documents with a government contracting agency prior to the award of a contract.
- Local Finance Notices
2007-11: Board of Education Contracting Issues Update: (6/4/07)
Pay-to-Play and Business Registration
2006-7: Political Contribution Disclosure Compliance Laws Update (3/7/06)
Describes use of Political Contribution Disclosures and other issues
2006-3: Chapter 271 for Boards of Education (1/18/06)
The affect of Chapter 271 on public schools
2006-1: New Political Contribution Disclosure Compliance Law Affecting Local Units (1/11/06)
Describes the provisions of P.L. 2005, c.271
2005-32: Chapter 19 Political Contribution Disclosure Compliance Update - Additional Guidance (12/20/2005)
Implementation assistance on Chapter 19
2005-30: Chapter 19 Local Finance Notice (11/14/2005)
Initial guidance on Political Contribution Disclosure Compliance laws
- Political Contribution Disclosure Compliance References
• Attorney General Advice on County Agencies and Instrumentalities
• Political Contribution Disclosure Compliance Frequently Asked Questions
• Political Contribution Disclosure Compliance Decision Tree Chart
• Consolidated Local Political Contribution Disclosure Compliance Statutes (as of 3/6/2006)
• Guide to Local Unit Political Contribution Disclosure Compliance – Chapter 19, P.L. 2004 (does not include Chapter 271)
• Governor Codey’s Statement Upon Signing of P.L. 2005, c.271
• DLGS Political Contribution Disclosure Compliance PowerPoint Presentation (April, 2006)
• Chapter 19 Approval of Public Exigencies/Emergencies – State Treasurer’s Policy
• ELEC Vendor Filing Notice
- Political Contribution Disclosure Compliance Forms
• Chapter 271 Political Contribution Disclosure form Click here for affected agencies
• Resolution to Award a Non-Fair and Open Contract
• Emergency Procurement Report
• Political Contribution Disclosure Compliance Chapter 19 Exigency Request
• Business Entity Disclosure Certification (2 sided)
• Political Contribution Disclosure Compliance Contract Language
- Political Contribution Disclosure - Affected Agencies:
Political Contribution Disclosure - Affected Agencies: Back to top
Atlantic Bergen Burlington Camden Cape May Cumberland Essex Gloucester Hudson Hunterdon Mercer Middlesex Monmouth Morris Ocean Passaic Salem Somerset Sussex Union Warren
Click here to request RTF versions of Word Documents. Please specify the requested documents.
Submit questions to: email@example.com
- ELEC Business Entity Electronic Annual Disclosure Statement Due March 31, 2008
Business Entity Electronic Annual Disclosure Statement
Due March 31, 2008
Any business entity that has received $50,000 or more in a calendar year through agreements or contracts with New Jersey public entities, is required to file an annual disclosure statement (Form BE) with the New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission, pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:44A-20.27 (P.L.2005, c.271, §3), to report its political contributions and contract information.
The Commission is pleased to announce that Form BE and filing instructions are available at https://wwwnet1.state.nj.us/lpd/elec/ptp/Form.aspx. Form BE is required to be filed electronically by March 31, 2008 to report activity in calendar year 2007. All subsequent annual statements will be due by March 30th and will report information relevant to the previous calendar year.
For further information, please review the Pay-to-Play section on the Commission's website at www.elec.state.nj.us or contact the Special Programs Staff at the Commission at 609-292-8700 (toll free at 888-313-3532).