Special Needs Partnership Programs
Special Needs Housing Partnership Loan Program (SNHPLP)
Under the Special Needs Housing Partnership Loan Program (SNHPLP), the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency (NJHMFA), the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs (DCA) and the New Jersey Department of Human Services (DHS), Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) will provide financing to create permanent supportive housing and community residences for individuals with developmental disabilities.
Loan proceeds may be used for the acquisition and rehabilitation of existing three- to four-bedroom single family houses and first floor three- to four-bedroom condominiums, with acquisition and all rehabilitation to be completed within six (6) months of mortgage closing.
Other housing arrangements of up to six (6) bedrooms may qualify, on a case-by-case basis, as may be accepted by NJHMFA staff, in consultation with the New Jersey Department of Human Services, Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD), provided the Sponsor is able to meet the 6-month threshold requirement. New construction, while not encouraged, will be considered on a case-by-case basis provided the Sponsor is also able to meet the 6-month threshold requirement.
- SNHPLP Fact Sheet (209k PDF)
- SNHPLP Guidelines - Updated as of 6/18/14 (113k PDF)
- SNHPLP Application (50k PDF)
- SNHPLP Request for Qualifications - Updated as of 12/3/12 (295k PDF)
- Project Development Proforma (63k XLS file)
- Access the latest updated Affordable Housing Trust Fund Monitoring Balances (92k PDF)
(Note: this PDF is accessed via the Department of Community Affairs' website archive)
- Partnership Municipal MOU (86k PDF file) - Updated as of 6/18/14
- DDD Housing Policies for Funding Community Residences (32k PDF)
- List of Qualified Developers for the Special Needs Housing Partnership Loan Program - Updated as of 3/8/13 (115k PDF)
- Access the list of DDD Qualified Service Providers by Location (201k XLS file)
(Note: this XLS file is accessed via the Division of Developmental Disabilities Individualized Community Supports and Services Page)
For more information, contact Yirgu Wolde, Director, Division of Supported Housing and Special Needs at 609-278-7521.