New Jersey's Hardest Hit Fund
Free Foreclosure Prevention
New Jersey’s Hardest Hit Fund (NJHHF) program is funded through a federal grant from the United States Treasury’s Hardest Hit Fund. The New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency (NJHMFA) is the official administrator of the program for the State of New Jersey. New Jersey’s Hardest Hit Fund program consists of the NJ HomeSaver and NJ HomeKeeper programs.
- New Jersey HomeSaver offers eligible homeowners up to $50,000 in financial assistance to help bring their household monthly payment to an affordable level through a refinance, recast, or permanent modification of the first mortgage loan.
- New Jersey HomeKeeper offers eligible homeowners up to $48,000 in financial assistance to cover arrearages and/or monthly mortgage payments (including principal, interest, taxes and insurance) for up to 12 months.
- You are a New Jersey homeowner at risk of foreclosure through no fault of your own
- You own only one residential home (one, two, or three-units), and currently reside in that home
- You have suffered a qualifying involuntary financial hardship that caused or will cause you to fall behind on your mortgage payment
- Hardships that may qualify homeowners for assistance include:
- An involuntary loss of employment income
- A reduction in household income due to underemployment or other demonstrated financial hardships including medical, divorce, disability or death
If ALL OF THE ABOVE apply to your current situation, you may be eligible for assistance.
If the above link does not work, you may access the online application at the following link: https://www.hardesthitnj.org/Default.aspx
Homeowners will NEVER be asked to pay a fee for any New Jersey Hardest Hit Fund Program.
If you are asked to pay a fee, or suspect fraud or misrepresentation related to a NJ Hardest Hit Fund program or representative, you are encouraged to contact our office at 1-855-647-7700 or 609-278-7660, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact us at the following mailing address: