Supportive Housing Connection (SHC)
The Supportive Housing Connection is a partnership between the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency (HMFA) and the New Jersey Department of Human Services (DHS), formed to administer DHS rental subsidies to individuals served by DHS.
The Supportive Housing Connection will provide:
- Landlord outreach and training
- Rental and other housing assistance
- Unit referrals and inspections
- Resident inquiry resolution services
Note: HMFA does not distribute new rental subsidies and does not make the determination of who is eligible to receive them. There are no new rental subsidies available at this time.
Are You a Landlord?
Contact the SHC
Contact us via email at email@example.com or call us toll free at 1-844-216-6988.
Sign Up for SHC Email Communications
In order to receive the most up-to-date program information, we highly recommend signing up for our email list at: http://bit.ly/njhmfaemail.
From there, choose the appropriate SHC list(s) based on your interests.
Program Overview and FAQ Documents
- Supportive Housing Connection Program Overview (116k PDF)
- Supportive Housing Connection Policies and Procedures (323k PDF)
- Supportive Housing Connection Landlord FAQ (116k PDF)
- Supportive Housing Connection Tenant FAQ (116k PDF)
Looking for Training Materials and Videos?
We've gathered everything into the SHC Training Materials Page.