Advocates Opening Reception
Wednesday, June 4 at Historic Thompson Park
NJ History and Historic Preservation Conference
Thursday, June 5 at Brookdale Community College
For full conference information, visit: www.njpreservationconference.org
Co-hosted by the NJ Historic Trust, NJ Historical Commission and NJ Historic Preservation Office
Highlights for this year’s program:
- Opening Keynote Speaker Ned Kaufman, author of Place Race and Story: Essays on the Past and Future of Historic Preservation
- Closing Plenary Speaker John Durel, consultant to museum and cultural organizations and author of Building a Sustainable Nonprofit Organization
- Two special educational tracks for “Heritage Tourism” and “Disaster Recovery”
- Choice of three field workshops: Sandy recovery efforts, the architecture and reuse options for Bell Labs, or the history and innovation of Camp Evans military site
- 17 classroom sessions for nonprofit and museum managers, planners, historians, municipal and county officials, archaeologists, architects, historic preservation commissioners and preservation professionals
The conference is pursuing continuing education credits for select sessions for AIA, AICP and ASLA.
Become a Conference Sponsor and take advantage of registration, exhibit, and advertisement opportunities.
Register for the Conference - credit card payments now accepted!
June 4, 2014 Advocates Opening Reception
Celebrate New Jersey’s 350th birthday at the Opening Reception hosted by the Advocates for New Jersey History on the evening before the conference at historic Thompson Park. The event recognizes leaders who have made significant contributions to advance history and historic preservation issues in New Jersey. This year we’re also commemorating NJ 350!
NJ History Advocates Event Calendar: http://njhistoryadvocates.org/event_cal.htm
NJ's 350th Anniversary Event Listings: http://officialnj350.com/
Discover NJ Arts Event Database: http://www.jerseyarts.com/Events.aspx
NJ Travel and Tourism Event Calendar: http://visitnj.org/events