The White Hill Mansion was occupied for three generations by the Fields family, after whom the borough was named, and is associated with people and events of the Revolutionary War. The original Georgian style house (ca. 1740), with Flemish bond brick facades, was expanded with a brick addition in the 19th century and later remodeled in a Queen Anne/Shingle style with the addition of shingle-clad bays, projecting additions and dormers, iron cresting, and vernacular Gothic details.
The house operated as a restaurant bar and grill from the 1920s until 1982, at which time the seven acre property was purchased by a chemical company that abandoned the house. The borough acquired the house in 2000.
The Trust grant will help fund preparation of a National Register nomination and a preservation plan that will assess the building's current condition and make recommendations for its stabilization and repair.
For more information, visit: