Advocates Opening Reception
Wednesday, June 4 at Historic Thompson Park
NJ History and Historic Preservation Conference
Thursday, June 5 at Brookdale Community College
The conference is co-hosted by the NJ Historic Trust, NJ Historical Commission, NJ Historic Preservation Office, and the Common Wealth of New Jersey.
Highlights for this year’s program:
- Opening Keynote Speaker Ned Kaufman, author of Place Race and Story; Essays on the Past and Future of Historic Preservation
- Closing Plenary Speaker John Durel, consultant to museum and cultural organizations and author of Building a Sustainable Nonprofit Organization
- Two special educational tracks for “Heritage Tourism” and “Disaster Recovery”
- Choice of three field workshops: Sandy recovery efforts, the architecture and reuse options for Bell Labs, or the history and innovation of Camp Evans military site
- 17 classroom sessions for nonprofit and museum managers, planners, historians, municipal and county officials, archaeologists, architects, historic preservation commissioners and preservation professionals
The conference is pursuing continuing education credits for select sessions for AIA, AICP and ASLA.
This annual event relies on corporate support to make this a sustainable activity. Become a conference sponsor and take advantage of registration, exhibit, and advertisement opportunities.
Business vendors and nonprofits can exhibit in "The Marketplace.”
Join your colleagues and register by May 1 to take advantage of the early bird rate.