- OPD's Women’s History Month Program Gets Rave Reviews
- Special Hearings Unit Achieves Monumental Supreme Court Victory!
- Planning in Full Swing for OPD 50th Anniversary Gala
- Appellate Division Rules in OPD's Favor in First Criminal Justice Reform Case
- New Jersey's Criminal Justice Reform Sees Initial Success
NJ OPD CELEBRATES 50 YEARS
July 1, 2017 will be the 50th Anniversary of the Public Defender’s Office. To commemorate that occasion, the OPD is holding a gala celebration on October 6, 2017 at the Hyatt Regency in New Brunswick. Registration is now open; link to Flyer and RSVP form
The New Jersey State Office of the Public Defender is committed to providing first class legal representation to citizens who cannot afford attorneys at both the trial and appellate levels. While the majority of our attorneys defend individuals charged with criminal offenses, we also represent individuals whose children have been removed based on allegations of abuse and neglect (Office of Parental Representation), the children who have been removed (Office of Law Guardian), and individuals involuntarily committed to State psychiatric facilities (Office of Mental Health Advocacy). My goal as the Public Defender is to establish the best Public Defender’s Office in the country. We are looking for attorneys with the skills and dedication needed to achieve that goal along with investigators and clerical staff willing and able to provide the support without which the attorneys cannot perform at the highest level. We are also determined to provide excellent training opportunities to allow for the professional development of our employees. Finally, we are trying to provide our staff with the resources and technological tools needed to maintain the highest level of representation.
If you have any questions about the New Jersey State Office of the Public Defender, you can contact us at email@example.com or (609) 292-7087.
- Apply for a Public Defender
- NJOPD Brochure
- OLG Brochure
- OPR Brochure
- Drug Court Brochure
- Pool Attorney Information
- Experts Information
- Process to Become an Approved OPD Expert
- Vendor Contract Compliance
- ODS Mediation Training
- Legal Links & Resources
- Notice of Substantial Changes to Flat Fee Proposal
- Notice of Adoption of Flat Fee Billing