- OPD Participates in National Criminal Defense College Training in Macon, GA
- Alonda Sullivan and Michael Wroblewski Named Family Reunification Day Heroes
- Kevin Walker and Eugenia Lynch installed as Bar Association Presidents
- OPD hosts full day orientation program for 2015 summer interns
- New Attorneys Attend Trial Skills Training
The New Jersey State Office of the Public Defender is committed to providing first class legal representation to citizens who cannot afford attorneys at both the trial and appellate levels. While the majority of our attorneys defend individuals charged with criminal offenses, we also represent individuals whose children have been removed based on allegations of abuse and neglect (Office of Parental Representation), the children who have been removed (Office of Law Guardian), and individuals involuntarily committed to State psychiatric facilities (Office of Mental Health Advocacy). My goal as the Public Defender is to establish the best Public Defender’s Office in the country. We are looking for attorneys with the skills and dedication needed to achieve that goal along with investigators and clerical staff willing and able to provide the support without which the attorneys cannot perform at the highest level. We are also determined to provide excellent training opportunities to allow for the professional development of our employees. Finally, we are trying to provide our staff with the resources and technological tools needed to maintain the highest level of representation.
If you have any questions about the New Jersey State Office of the Public Defender, you can contact us at email@example.com or (609) 292-7087.