Green Commuting in New Jersey
Greening Your Vehicle
Did you know that under-inflation increases tire wear, reduces your fuel economy by up to 3 percent, and leads to higher greenhouse gas emissions and releases of air pollutants? Lessen this impact by following these tips:
- Keep your car maintained and inspected on time.
- If your "Check Engine Light" comes on, have your vehicle checked by a an Emission Repair Technician.
- Don’t top off at the gas pumps.
- Replace your car’s air filter when due.
- Keep your tires properly inflated.
- In very hot weather, try to refuel early in the morning or late in the evening when less vapors evaporate.
- Avoid refueling on Pollution Action/Alert Days.
- Use an energy-conserving (EC) grade motor oil.