Child Care Centers and/or educational facilities subject to the P.L. 2007, Chapter 1 ("Madden Legislation") must hire a Licensed Site Remediation Professional (LSRP) to conduct an environmental review at a minimum, a Preliminary Assessment (conducted in accordance with the Technical Requirements for Site Remediation).
- If the PA does not indicate any Areas of Concern (AOC) which would warrant a Site Investigation, then the approved Preliminary Assessment with safe drinking water certification should be the only items needed for the LSRP to issue a RAO.
If the results of the PA identify area(s) of concern (AOCs) within
the child care facility portion of the property, the LSRP must conduct
a Site Investigation.
- If the results of the SI indicate that no areas of concern require remediation, the LSRP will issue a Response Action Outcome (RAO).
- If the results of the SI indicate the need for remediation, a Remedial Investigation and Remedial Action must be conducted by the LSRP, on the area(s) of concern.
- After completing the Remedial Action, the LSRP will issue an RAO.
- If the results of the PA identify AOCs outside of the child care facility portion of the property, the AOCs must be considered to determine if they have or will have an impact to the operation of the child care facility.
- Documentation that safe drinking water is being provided.
Note: The RAO must include all appropriate Child Care notices and attachments.
The RAO and supporting document(s) must be accompanied by the appropriate form nj.gov/dep/srp/srra/forms/, and submitted to:
NJ Department of Environmental Protection
Site Remediation Program
Bureau of Case Assignment & Initial Notice
PO Box 420
Trenton, NJ 08625-0420