Vehicle Recycling General Permit Information
The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) has issued a new Industrial Stormwater General Permit for facilities that engage in Vehicle Recycling. The ultimate goal of this permit is to have effective best management practices (BMPs), which are documented in theStormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SPPP), as well as other permit conditions to ensure stormwater quality.
RVR is the discharge category code for the Vehicle Recycling General Permit.
This website is designed to help facilities comply with the permit and to give key points to minimize environmental hazards and exposures.
Individual authorizations issued under this master permit require the following:
- Eliminate and/or minimize exposure by implementing Best Management Practices (BMPS).
- Update and/or prepare a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SPPP).
- Conduct Annual Inspections to ensure compliance with BMPS and other permit conditions. The first Annual Inspection shall be completed on or before October 1, 2013.
- Prepare an Annual Report and maintain this report on site. The first Annual Report shall be completed on or before October 1, 2013.
- Prepare an Annual Certification by maintaining the Department’s RVR Certification Form on site. The first Annual Certification shall be completed on or before October 1, 2013.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns throughout your permitting process please contact:
Mail Code: 401-02B
Division of Water Quality
Bureau of Nonpoint Pollution Control
PO Box 420
401 E. State St., 3rd Floor
Trenton, NJ 08625-0420
Tel. (609) 292-0407
Tel. (609) 633-7021
Fax (609) 984-2147