Saltwater Registry Information
December 7, 2009
The NJ DEP Division of Fish and Wildlife reminds saltwater anglers that the federal government's National Saltwater Angler Registry Program requires most New Jersey saltwater anglers to register prior to fishing in 2010.
You must register if you…
You do not have to register if you…
- Fish for or catch anadromous species (striped bass, shad, river herring) in state tidal waters
- Fish in Federal waters (more than 3 miles from shore)
Online and telephone registration will begin January 1, 2010. Register online at www.CountMyFish.noaa.gov or call toll free 1-888-MRIP-411 (1-888-674-7411). Registration is free in 2010.
- Are under 16 years of age
- Only fish on federally licensed party or charter boats
- Hold a Highly Migratory Species Angling Permit
- Have a saltwater license from any of the following states:
Please visit www.CountMyFish.noaa.gov for additional information, including Frequently Asked Questions about the National Saltwater Angler Registry Program and the new Marine Recreational Information Program (MRIP)."