Nonpoint Source Pollution Control Grants (319 Grants)
Purpose of Funding
Provide grants to reduce water quality impairment through implementation of nonpoint source (NPS) pollution control projects
Source of Funding
US Environmental Protection Agency
Federal Clean Water Act Section 319(h)
(33 U.S.C. §§ 1251 et seq.)
Who is Eligible
Entities that are eligible to receive 319(h) funds include:
- Municipal planning departments or boards, health departments;
- County planning departments or boards, health departments;
- Designated water quality management planning agencies;
- State, regional and local government units entities entirely within New Jersey;
- State government agencies, universities and colleges;
- Interstate agencies of which New Jersey is a member;
- Watershed and water resource associations and other local nonprofit organizations recognized by the Internal Revenue Service under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Qualifications Required for Consideration
Applicants must submit a project that meets the administrative requirement, objectives and project criteria as outlined in the 319(h) grant guidelines available for the current fiscal year.
Limited to eligible costs as defined in the 319(h) grant guidelines.
Grant guidelines are available from the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection’s website at www.state.nj.us/dep/wms/bears/319_grant_program.htm or by contacting the Bureau of Environmental Analysis, Restoration and Standards at (609) 633-1441.
Applicants whose projects are considered to be eligible, found to be substantively technically sound and best align with funding priorities will be selected. In some cases, minor adjustments in the project may be requested to improve technical soundness and support of funding objectives.
For More Information, Contact
Division of Water Monitoring and Standards
Bureau of Environmental Analysis, Restoration and Standards (BEARS)
Telephone: (609) 633-1441