The contacts and units in this data set are modified and revised from: Newell, W. L., Powars, D. S., Owens, J. P., Stanford, S. D., Stone, B. D., 2000, Surficial geologic map of central and southern New Jersey: U. S. Geological Survey Miscellaneous Investigations Map I-2540-D, scale 1:100,000 and Stone, B. D., Stanford, S. D., Witte, R. W., 2002, Surficial geologic map of northern New Jersey: U. S. Geological Survey Miscellaneous Investigations Map I-2540-C, scale 1:100,000.
Sources used in the revisions include published and unpublished 1:24,000 surficial geologic maps by Scott D. Stanford and Ron W. Witte (published maps available at <http://www.nj.gov/dep/njgs/pricelst/geolmapquad.htm>) and the following sources:
Knapp, G. N., c. 1900, unpublished surficial geologic maps on file at the N. J. Geological Survey, scale 1:63,360.
Owens, J. P., and Minard, J. P., 1975, Geologic map of the surficial deposits in the Trenton area, New Jersey and Pennsylvania: U. S. Geological Survey Miscellaneous Investigations Series Map I-884, scale 1:48,000.
Salisbury, R. D., 1898, The physical geography of New Jersey: N. J. Geological Survey Final Report, v. 4, 170 p.
Salisbury, R. D., and Knapp, G. N., 1917, The Quaternary formations of southern New Jersey: N. J. Geological Survey Final Report, v. 8, 218 p. The sources of geologic map data are summarized in the linked graphic.
I. Description of Data to be Provided
The data provided herein are distributed subject to the following conditions and restrictions:
Subject Data Layers
For all data contained herein, (NJDEP) makes no representations of any kind, including, but not limited to, the warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular use, nor are any such warranties to be implied with respect to the digital data layers furnished hereunder. NJDEP assumes no responsibility to maintain them in any manner or form.
II. Terms of Agreement
1. Digital data received from the NJDEP are to be used solely for internal purposes in the conduct of daily affairs.
2. The data are provided, as is, without warranty of any kind and the user is responsible for understanding the accuracy limitations of all digital data layers provided herein, as documented in the accompanying Data Dictionary and Readme files. Any reproduction or manipulation of the above data must ensure that the coordinate reference system remains intact.
3. Digital data received from the NJDEP may not be reproduced or redistributed for use by anyone without first obtaining written permission from the NJDEP. This clause is not intended to restrict distribution of printed mapped information produced from the digital data.
4. Any maps, publications, reports, or other documents produced as a result of this project that utilize NJDEP digital data will credit the NJDEP's Geographic Information System (GIS) as the source of the data with the following credit/disclaimer:
"This (map/publication/report) was developed using New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Geographic Information System digital data, but this secondary product has not been verified by NJDEP and is not state-authorized."
5. Users shall require any independent contractor, hired to undertake work that will utilize digital data obtained from the NJDEP, to agree not to use, reproduce, or redistribute NJDEP GIS data for any purpose other than the specified contractual work. All copies of NJDEP GIS data utilized by an independent contractor will be required to be returned to the original user at the close of such contractual work.
Users hereby agree to abide by the use and reproduction conditions specified above and agree to hold any independent contractor to the same terms. By using data provided herein, the user acknowledges that terms and conditions have been read and that the user is bound by these criteria.