License Renewal Information
If you know your license and invoice numbers, click here to begin the on-line process. If you do not know these numbers, go to 5 below to get them and return to this page to start the online process.
- How to renew your license:
- You can renew on-line by following the link above. Please see below for browser requirements and fee information
- You can mail your renewal to the address located on your invoice. Mailing a renewal may take 6 - 8 weeks to process
- Browser Requirements for On-Line Renewal
- NJDEP Online requires one of the following browsers Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 11, Google Chrome 33 or later or Mozilla Fire Fox version 34 or later to operate correctly. NJDEP Online will not work with Apple Safari, cell phones or tablets. Failure to upgrade to the correct browser version may cause data to display incorrectly and may disable some features. Click here to learn how to verify the version of the browser you are using.
- Fees to Renew On-line
- The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) uses a convenience fee model for accepting credit card payments. The convenience fee is 1.9% of the amount being charged + $1.00. For example if the NJDEP invoice is $90 the convenience fee is $2.71 for a total of $92.71 charged to your credit card. You can also change your address and other contact information. A payment Confirmation can be printed and presented to your employer as TEMPORARY proof of renewal until you receive your license in the mail.
- You can pay on-line with an electronic check (eCheck/EFT) with no additional fees. When using the eCheck option, please verify all of the bank information is correct before submitting payment.
- Who is eligible to renew on-line:
- Any technologist who is not reporting a name change and has not been convicted of a crime of any state or Federal law or has a conviction that was previously reported to the Bureau and were deemed eligible to renew can renew on-line. For additional information regarding a name change click here.
- If you were convicted of a crime that has not been reported to the Bureau, you need to mail your renewal application.
- What do you need to renew on-line:
- Your license number and invoice number. This information is on your renewal application. If you do not have this information, click here.
- A valid American Express, Discover, Mastercard, or VISA credit card or can pay using “e-check” drawn from a US Bank Account.
- For a replacement license renewal application or to track your license renewal or for a list of frequently asked questions, click here.