ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION NEWS LIBRARY
The library and listings below comprise the Environmental Education News (EEdNEWS) Library. This service is administered by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
New entries that are posted in this library are first circulated twice monthly to interested recipients of the EEdNEWS listserv. This e-blast features announcements about new resources, programs, events, trainings, grants and other initiatives. Entries that are posted in this library will remain here for a limited time, then are deleted.
- For more information about any of these offerings, please contact the listing resource directly.
- To subscribe to the EEdNEWS listserv and receive twice monthly e-blasts, click HERE.
- To submit announcements for possible inclusion in future EEdNEWS, click HERE.
(Listserv announcement on 9-6-16)
CROSSROADS IN THE CONCRETE JUNGLE
Hackensack Riverkeeper: Get out there: enjoy and support your river this fall!
SJ: Join us at the 101st NJLM Conference
ANJEC 2016 Environmental Achievement Awards
Hackensack Riverkeeper Presents RiverFest – Pirates of the Hackensack & Fishing Derby
Become a Master of Your Garden at the E.A.R.T.H. Center
ALS: Join us for the 2016 Sandy Hook BioBlitz
ANJEC: Environmental Congress, Friday, September 30
Wilderness First Aid / WFR Recert
EMPLOYMENT, INTERNSHIP & VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Job Listings for #AfterschoolNJ brought to you by #NJSACC
Fall Internship Opportunities at NJDEP
FUNDING, GRANTS & SCHOLARSHIPS
Start the School Year Off with Sustainable Jersey for Schools Grants
Evidence Means Different Things in ESSA and NCLB
EE at EPA: New teacher award winners and recent student award winners honored
White House, EPA Honor Environmental Educators and Student Award Winners
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & CLASSROOM MATERIALS
The latest i-Tree News includes new tool features, learning opportunities and more.
SJ: MARK YOUR CALENDARS - Upcoming Webinars for Schools and Districts
2016 New Jersey Science Convention - Don't miss the Professional Development opportunities
OCSCD: Education Programs: Sept-Dec
Rain Garden Phone Apps!
NAAEE: eeNEWS for August 24, 2016
NWF: Fall GLOBE Training for Eco-Schools
PLT: Back to School Resources
CAMDEN - OPPORTUNITIES FOR 4TH GRADERS
PLT: Summer is the perfect time to prepare, browse our new resources now!
QUIZ: Can you find the hidden water?
September Littoral News
Join ED-GRS on the Green Strides Tour in Pennsylvania
The Nature Conservancy: Could 1,224 plants hold the key to saving bees?
Raritan Headwaters: How's the Water?
The Nature Conservancy: The Amazing, Bee-Saving Fanny Pack
Updates from the Cool Green Science Blog
It's a bird, it's a plane... it's Suzuki Superheroes!
RCE: Check out the latest Water Pages eNewsletter!
UPEACE Centre for Executive Education: What we're watching
Is Dog Poo Polluting Your River?
Cornell Lab of Ornithology: Special gift just for you
NWF: Attract the wildlife you want to see in your garden
NJ Tree Foundation: Fall Volunteer Opportunities and Summer Tree Stories
Green Knight Newsletter - August 2016 - Natural Resources News and Events for New Jersey
NWF: Going for the Green!
SUSTAINABLE JERSEY FOR SCHOOLS: New Funding & New Milestones!
If you would like to have an announcement or resource information listed in the EEdNEWS Library and promoted through the bimonthly email, submit the information in the following formats to the EEdNEWS Administrator:
- A text message email,
- an attached word document; or
- an attached pre-coded html page (graphics need to be linked to existing online images and tables are limited to 700 pt. width).
- (Please refrain from sending publisher or pdf files.)
- Disclaimer: Not all material will be posted and the DEP may edit for content.
- Events will be added to this list as they are submitted. Recent additions are listed at the top of the list of contents. Events listed will remain on the list until either the date of the event or until the last date for registration.
- Site specific "Calendars of Events" listings will not be posted, send a link to your online calendar for posting.
- Projects or initiatives with deadlines will be listed until the deadline date.
- Job announcements must include a cut-off date.
- Announcements of new EE initiatives will be maintained for a minimum of two months.
(These guidelines are subject to change at any time.)
Please note: Links to non-State of New Jersey sites do not imply any official State of New Jersey endorsement of or responsibility for the opinions, ideas, data, or products presented at those locations, or guarantee the validity of the information provided. Links to non-State of New Jersey servers are provided solely as a reference to information on topics that may be useful to the general public.
Marc Rogoff, Environmental Education Specialist
Office of Communications, NJDEP
P.O. Box 402
Trenton, NJ 08625