Guidance DocumentsSRP-EDI ManualAppendix 1: Steps for Installation of PKZIP®
Appendix 1: Steps for Installation of PKZIP®
If the files being submitted do not fit on a single diskette,
it is necessary to "zip" (compress) the data files. The user
should be aware that the individual files should not be zipped and submitted
as separate zip files; rather, all files should be "zipped"
together into one "zip" file. If the single zip file exceeds
a single diskette, the zip utility must span diskettes.
Specific to the use of the "Package" function
of the Hazsite application, it is necessary to install the DOS version
of PKZIPâ (the Windows version will not
work with the Hazsite application). In order to utilize the Package function,
follow these directions:
- Open a DOS prompt.
- Get to C: drive (type C: <enter>)
- Move to the root level of the C: drive (type CD\ <enter>)
- Create a directory named PKZIP (type MD PKZIP <enter>)
- Exit DOS back to Windows
- Download the DOS version of the PKZIP software into the directory
created in Step 1. This file will be a "self-extracting" executable
- In Windows Explorer or My Computer, install PKZIP by going to the
PKZIP directory, and double-clicking on the self-extracting file. A
DOS screen will open, and the files will be created (successive lines
will be added to the DOS screen). When the program is done executing,
close the DOS screen.
- In Windows Explorer or My Computer, in the PKZIP directory, click once on the file PKZIP.EXE to select it.
- Go to EDIT, and select COPY.
- In Windows Explorer or My Computer, go to the WINDOWS directory.
- Open the WINDOWS directory, and then select PASTE. A copy of PKZIP.EXE
should now appear in the WINDOWS directory. Search through the WINDOWS
directory to confirm that the file was copied. If not, repeat Steps
4, 5, 6, and 7.
- In the Hazsite application, the Package function should now work
Alternate Format of the Entire Guidance Document
for Using Files