Bureau of Environmental Analysis, Restoration and Standards
New Jersey 2016 Integrated Water Quality Assessment Report
(includes 305(b) Report and 303(d) List)
The Department initiated the 2016 water quality assessment cycle with a notice of data solicitation published in the March 15, 2015 New Jersey Register. The deadline for uploading data to be used for the 2016 cycle was October 1, 2015. This data will be evaluated by the Department to determine compliance with applicable water quality standards and assess support of applicable designated uses. The methods used to compile, analyze, and interpret data used for water quality assessment are described in the Integrated Water Quality Assessment Methods (Methods Document). The Methods Document includes a description of data quality and other requirements that water quality data must satisfy to be used for assessment purposes. The Methods Document also explains the rationale for placing waters on the Integrated List, 303(d) List, ranking the priority of 303(d)-Listed waters for TMDL development, and delisting waters from or not placing waters on the 303(d) List. The Methods Document is refined as needed for each assessment cycle. A draft 2016 Methods Document was published on February 16, 2016 for public review and comment. Based on agency-initiated changes, a revised Draft 2016 Methods Document is now available for public review and comment. Comments must be submitted to Kimberly Cenno at Kimberly.Cenno@dep.nj.gov by April 19, 2017.
Revised Draft 2016 Methods Document
Comments and Agency Responses on the Draft 2016 Methods Document
Draft 2016 Methods Document
2016 Integrated Report Schedule/Milestones
- Reporting Period covers January 1, 2010 - July 1, 2015
- Data solicitation notice published on March 16, 2015 (47 N.J.R. 667(a)).
- Data submittal/upload deadline: October 1, 2015.
- The Draft 2016 Methods Document and public notice seeking comments published on February 16, 2016 (48 N.J.R. 337(c)).
- The public comment period for the Draft 2016 Methods Document ended on March 17, 2016.
- The Revised Draft 2016 Methods Document and public notice seeking comments published on March 20, 2017 (49 N.J.R. 572(a)).
- The public comment period for the Revised Draft 2016 Methods Document ends on April 19, 2017.
Additional information about New Jersey's Integrated Water Quality Assessment Reports is available on the Department's Water Quality Assessment, General Information, and Technical Support Documents web pages.
For more information, please contact Kimberly Cenno, Bureau Chief,
Bureau of Environmental Analysis, Restoration and Standards at (609) 633-1441.