ORDER No.: A02-114
STATE OF NEW JERSEY
DEPARTMENT OF BANKING AND INSURANCE
IN THE MATTER OF THE FILING OF )
SEMI-ANNUAL REPORTS ON IN- ) ORDER
FORCE EXPOSURES BY LIABILITY )
LIMITS AND BY TERRITORY )
This matter having been opened by the Commissioner of the Department of Banking and Insurance ("Commissioner") pursuant to the authority granted in N.J.S.A. 17:1-15, 17:29A-1 et seq., 17:29D-1 et seq., 17:30E-14, 17:33C-2, 17:33C-5a and 39:6A-3.2 and all powers expressed or implied therein;
IT APPEARING that Order A99-162 was previously issued on November 23, 1999 in which various reporting obligations of private passenger automobile insurers were consolidated into one efficient time saving procedure; and
IT FURTHER APPEARING that the procedure first begun in A99-162 was continued with the added requirement that insurers report on the total number of Split Limit Property Damage and all Combined Single Limits exposures by territory by Order A01-104 issued on January 9, 2001; and
IT FURTHER APPEARING that good cause exists to demonstrate that the Department needs this data on private passenger automobile insurance as set forth in the attached forms.
THEREFORE IT IS on this 20th day of March, 2002 ORDERED that:
1. All private passenger automobile insurers shall complete and file Form 1-2001 through Form 7-2001, attached hereto.
2. Insurers shall complete and file Form 1-2001 through Form 7-2001, as of June 30 and December 31, no later than the 31st day of the calendar month following each evaluation date.
3. This order supplements the provisions of Order A99-162, and adds two additional worksheets that incorporate the split liability limits data referenced in the current Order.
4. Reports shall be submitted to:
New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance
Office of Property and Casualty
P.O. Box 325
Trenton, NJ 08625-0325 or
5. Reports shall be submitted as an Excel spreadsheet and by one of the following media:
6. Data shall be provided on a spreadsheet which includes Form 1-2001 through Form 7-2001 for both standard and basic policies as indicated. All forms are available on a spreadsheet for insurer use by e-mail by contacting John Swierczyna by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail at the address above.
7. Failure of any insurer to comply with this Order, including any and all Instructions, or to report filings hereto may result in the imposition of any and all penalties prescribed by law.
/s/ Holly C. Bakke
Holly C. Bakke