Delaware • New Jersey • Pennsylvania
New York • United States of America
Most of the following publications are available for download. Paper copies may be requested by contacting the commission (a fee for copying and associated labor costs may apply). You may also contact the DRBC's Information Resources Center to inquire about making an appointment to view particular publications.
- Identification and Assessment of Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs) in Stormwater in the Delaware Estuary (pdf 304 KB; February 2014)
- Monitoring Report Covering Developments and Data Collected or Reported during 1999-2003 (pdf 3.4 MB; this September 2004 report was prepared by DRBC in cooperation with its Monitoring Advisory Committee)
- Bioaccumulation of PCBs in the Delaware River Estuary (pdf 2.3 MB; 2004)
- Sedimentological and Geophysical Survey of the Upper Delaware Estuary (pdf 6.2 MB; this October 2003 final report was submitted by the University of Delaware to the DRBC) Download graphic summary of report created by DRBC staff (pdf 2 MB)
- Status of CBOD20 Wasteload Allocations (pdf 2.3 MB; December 2001)
- Executive Summary to the Public Hearing Response Document on the Proposed Determination Regarding the Assimilative Capacity of the Tidal Delaware River for Volatile Organics and Toxicity (pdf 105 KB; 2000)
- Monitoring Report Covering Developments and Data Collected or Reported in 1997 (pdf 1.8 MB; 1998)
- Wasteload Allocations for Volatile Organics and Toxicity: Phase I TMDLs for Toxic Pollutants in the Delaware River Estuary (pdf 4.56 MB; 1998)
- Impact of Aquatic Vegetation on Water Quality of the Delaware River Estuary (pdf 4.6 MB; submitted to DRBC by The Academy of Natural Sciences in 1998)
- Study of the Loadings of Polychlorinated Biphenyls from Tributaries and Point Sources Discharging to the Tidal Delaware River (pdf 4.2 MB; 1998)
- Implementation Policies and Procedures: Phase I TMDLs for Toxic Pollutants in the Delaware River Estuary (pdf 9 MB; 1995)
- DRBC Biological Monitoring and Assessment: Reports and Information
- Pilot Study: Implementation of a Periphyton Monitoring Network for the Non-Tidal Delaware River (pdf 1.7 MB; 2007)
- Paradise Creek Watershed Restoration Plan: Phase 1 Technical Report (pdf 2.4 MB; 2005)
- Eligibility Determination Reports for DRBC's Designation of the Lower Delaware River as Special Protection Waters (SPW)
- 2001 Lehigh River Water Quality Monitoring Report and Supporting Documents (pdf 4 MB; 2002)
- High Flow Management Objectives for N.J. Non-Coastal Waters (pdf 1.2 MB; 2000)
- Delaware River Rooted Aquatic-Plant Biomass Study from Port Jervis, N.Y. (Route 84 Bridge) to Milford, Pa. (Route 206 Bridge) (pdf 4 MB; 1999)
- Determination of Travel Time in the Delaware River, Hancock N.Y., to the Delaware Water Gap, by Use of a Conservative Dye Tracer (Published jointly with USGS) (pdf 2.2 MB; 1994) - Please Note: This is a link to the USGS web site.
These publications are developed by DRBC staff in conjunction with DRBC rulemakings.
- Revised Human Health Water Quality Criteria for Total PCBs for the Protection of Human Health from Carcinogenic Effects (pdf 121 KB; July 2013) The commission approved the PCB criteria revision on 12/4/13. View approved resolution (pdf 20 KB).
- pH Criteria Revision Recommendations for Interstate Waters of the Delaware River Basin (pdf 86 KB; March 2013) The commission approved the pH criteria revision on 12/4/13. View approved resolution (pdf 14 KB).
Appendix C: EIFAC (European Inland Fisheries Advisory Commission, Working Party on Water Quality Criteria for European Inland Fish) 1969. Water quality criteria for European freshwater fish - extreme pH values and inland fisheries. Water Research 3(8): 591-611. Click here to purchase a copy of this article.
Water Quality Criteria for Toxic Pollutants for Zones 2 - 6 of the Delaware Estuary (pdf 345 KB; July 2010, revised December 2010) The commission approved the criteria revision on 12/8/10. View approved resolution (pdf 75 KB).
- DRBC Water Resources Program FY 2014-2016 (pdf 1.1 MB; 2013)
- Contaminants of Emerging Concern in the Tidal Delaware River: Pilot Monitoring Survey 2007-2009 (pdf 1.5 MB; issued 2012, revised 2013)
- Delaware River and Bay Oil Spill Advisory Committee Report (pdf 582 KB; 2010 report, DRBC participated in report's development)
- Enhancing Multi-Jurisdictional Use and Management of Water Resources for the Delaware River Basin (2008; report by the Philadelphia District of the Army Corps of Engineers)
- Emerging Contaminants of Concern in the Delaware River Basin: Vulnerability Assessment Preliminary Report (pdf 322 KB; 2007)
- Delaware Toxics Reduction Program (DelTRiP) Annual Reports (Jan. 2006 and Jan. 2007)
- DRBC's Compilation and Assessment of Water Column Data Collected in Response to August 2005 PPL Martins Creek Fly Ash Spill (pdf 366 KB; 2006)
- Development and Calibration of a Hydrodynamic Model of the Tidal Rancocas Creek (pdf 781 KB; 2006)
- Strategy for Resolution of Interstate Flow Management Issues in the Delaware River Basin (pdf 5.4 MB; 2004 report prepared for the DRBC by HydroLogics, Inc.)
- Delaware River Creel Survey 2002 (pdf 2.7 MB; 2003 report prepared by Versar, Inc.)
- Flowing Toward the Future (pdf 3.3 MB; 1999)
- A River Bounces Back (pdf 2.1 MB; a commemorative brochure issued in 1996 - updated in 1999 - for the commission's 35th anniversary)
- Revised Procedure for Converting Total Recoverable Water Quality Criteria for Metals to Dissolved Criteria (pdf 59 KB; 1995)
- Revised Aquatic Life Criteria for Lead (pdf 26 KB; 1995)
Delaware Estuary Reports:
- Monitoring Report Covering Developments and Data Collected or Reported in 1998 (2000)
- Public Hearing Response Document, Regulations for Controlling Toxic Pollutants in the Delaware River Estuary (1996)
- Development of a Tidal Version of the Cormix Models for Application to Discharges in the Delaware Estuary (1995)
- Calibration and Validation of the DYNHYD5 Hydrodynamic Model for the Delaware River Estuary (1995)
- Water Quality Criteria for Toxic Pollutants for the Delaware River Estuary (1995)
- Sediment Contaminants of the Delaware River Estuary (1993)
- Ambient Toxicity Study of the Delaware River Estuary Phase 1 (1991)
Non-Tidal Delaware River/Tributary Reports:
- Redesign of the DRBC/NPS Scenic Rivers Monitoring Program, Report No. 18 of the Cooperative Program (1995)
- Public Hearing Response Document, Special Protection Waters Non-Point Source Regulations (1994)
- Determination of Travel Time in the Delaware River, Hancock N.Y., to the Delaware Water Gap, by Use of a Conservative Dye Tracer (Published jointly with U.S.G.S.) (1994)
- Longitudinal Dispersion of a Conservative Solute in the Delaware River, Hancock, N.Y., to the Delaware Water Gap (1994)
- Findings of the 1993 Scenic Rivers Water Quality Monitoring Program and Stream Flow Rating Curves for Seventeen Tributaries (1994)
- Proceedings of the Upper Delaware Water Quality and Biological Monitoring Conference (1994)
- Development of a Protocol for a Chemical Translator from Total Recoverable to Dissolved Metal in the Delaware River (1996)
- Low Altitude Remote Sensing Study (1995)