Delaware • New Jersey • Pennsylvania
New York • United States of America
2014 marks the 20th year of the Delaware River Sojourn, one of the longest, continuously running PA River Sojourns - a true milestone! Themed Sharing the Journey for 20 Years, the sojourn will be held from Sunday, June 22 to Saturday, June 28, 2014.
Held in June to celebrate National Rivers Month, the Delaware River Sojourn is a guided paddling trip on the wild and scenic Delaware River, combining canoeing/kayaking, camping, educational programs, and historical interpretation. Geared for novice to experienced paddlers, participants can sign up for the whole event or for the section(s) or day(s) of their choice. By getting individuals out on the river to experience it first-hand, the Delaware Sojourn aims to promote stewardship of the Delaware River Watershed and its resources.
In brief, the stretches to be padded this year are the following:
- Sunday, June 22: Barryville, N.Y. Access to Kittatinny Canoes' Staircase Rapids Access (N.Y.)
- Monday, June 23: Kittatinny Canoes' Staircase Rapids Access to Kittatinny Canoes' Matamoras Base (Pa.)
- Tuesday, June 24: Worthington State Forest (N.J.) to Driftstone on the Delaware Campground (Pa.)
- Wednesday, June 25: Driftstone on the Delaware Campground to Martins Creek Boat Launch (Pa.)
- Thursday, June 26: Martins Creek to Scott Park, Easton, Pa.
- Friday, June 27: Riegelsville, N.J. to Giving Pond Access (Pa.)
- Saturday, June 28: Neshaminy State Park (Pa.) to Burlington Island and back to Neshaminy State Park
DRBC is a proud supporter of the Delaware River Sojourn and participates on its steering committee, which plans and organizes the annual not-for-profit event. View full details on the sojourn's web site at www.delawareriversojourn.org.