Delaware • New Jersey • Pennsylvania
New York • United States of America
The Delaware River Basin Commission held its regularly scheduled business meeting on Wednesday, March 16, 2016. A public hearing was held on Wednesday, February 10, 2016. Hearing items included the draft dockets for the withdrawals, discharges, and other water-related projects subject to the commission's review and three resolutions. Written comments on matters scheduled for hearing on February 10 were accepted through the close of business (5 p.m.) on February 11. Both the public hearing and business meeting were open to the public and held at the Washington Crossing Historic Park Visitor Center, 1112 River Road, Washington Crossing, Pa.
Below is the business meeting agenda, with links to the dockets approved and to the resolutions passed (items are added as they become available).
The commission's public hearing was held on Wednesday, February 10, 2016. The business meeting was held on Wednesday, March 16, 2016. Both the hearing and business meeting were open to the public and held at the Washington Crossing Historic Park Visitor Center, 1112 River Road, Washington Crossing, Pa.
The public hearing on February 10, 2016 ran from 1:30 p.m. until about 2:15 p.m. Hearing items included three resolutions and the draft dockets for the withdrawals, discharges, and other water-related projects subject to the commission's review (listed below). The open public comment session on February 10 ran from approximately 2:15 p.m. until about 3:00 p.m.
The business meeting on March 16, 2016 ran from 10:30 a.m. until approximately 11:30 a.m.; there was an additional open public comment session, which ran from 11:30 a.m. until approximately 11:50 a.m.
The agenda for the business meeting follows. Items heard at the February 10, 2016 public hearing are noted as such by a *.
A. Minutes. (P. Bush) (The minutes from the December 9, 2015 DRBC business meeting were approved by unanimous vote; pdf 229 KB)
- Upcoming Advisory Committee Meetings. (P. Bush)
C. Hydrologic Report. (A. Shallcross)
D. Executive Director’s Report. (S. Tambini)
E. General Counsel’s Report. (K. Warren)
F. Resolutions. (T. Fikslin, P. Bush, K. Najjar, S. Tambini, K. Coats) Resolutions 1-4 were approved by unanimous vote by the commissioners; no. 5 did not require a vote.
- *Resolution Authorizing the Executive Director to Enter into a Contract with the Lowest Qualified Bidder for the Analysis of Periphyton Samples from the Non-tidal Delaware River. (T. Fikslin; pdf 93 KB)
- *Resolution Authorizing the Executive Director to Enter into an Administrative Agreement (AA) with the New York State (NYS) Department of Environmental Conservation for the Review of Water Withdrawal and Wastewater Discharge Projects in the New York Portion of the Basin. (P. Bush; pdf 93 KB) Download the NYS AA (pdf 1.3 MB)
- *Resolution for the Adoption of the Water Resources Program 2016-2018. (K. Najjar; pdf 92 KB) Download the WRP 2016-2018 (pdf 1.8 MB). Download DRBC's comment and response letter (pdf 557 KB).
- Resolution for the Minutes Establishing Consistent Practices Relating to Membership, Record-keeping and "Green" Meetings for DRBC Advisory Committees. (S. Tambini; pdf 86 KB)
- Resolution Honoring William J. Muszynski for his Outstanding Contributions to Managing and Protecting the Water Resources of the Delaware River Basin over the course of his Distinguished 12-year Career with the Delaware River Basin Commission. (K. Coats; pdf 75 KB)
G. *Project Review Docket Applications. (D. Kovach) All dockets subject to public hearings on February 10, 2016 were approved by the commissioners on March 16, 2016 and are pdfs. All but number 28 were approved by unanimous vote by the commissioners; no. 28 was approved 4-0-1, with the federal representative abstaining. Please note that nos. 6 and 15 were postponed to allow additional time for review before the February 10 public hearing. Please note that at each of its public meetings, the commission may consider action on any item for which a hearing has been completed or may defer one or more such items for consideration at a public meeting of the commission on a future date.
View docket location map (pdf 665 KB).
- Abington Township (PA), wastewater treatment plant, D-1973-191 CP-5.
- Pennsylvania Utility Company (PA), Tamiment wastewater treatment plant, D-1975-093 CP‑5. View comment and response document.
- Aqua Pennsylvania Wastewater, Inc. (PA), Mast Hope wastewater treatment plant, D‑1976-021-3.
- U.S. Steel Real Estate (PA), wastewater treatment plants and discharges, D-1978-068‑4.
- Reading Alloys, Inc. (PA), non-contact cooling water discharge, D-1979-044-3.
- Calpine Corporation (DE), non-contact cooling water discharges, D-1981-020 CP-2. Consideration of this docket has been postponed to allow additional time for review.
- DSM Nutritional Products, Inc. (NJ), surface water withdrawal, D-1985-014-4.
- East Stroudsburg Borough (PA), wastewater treatment plant, D-1987-015 CP-3.
- Waynesborough Country Club (PA), groundwater withdrawal, D-1992-009-3.
- Bernville Corporation (PA), surface water withdrawal, D-1992-027-3.
- Washington Township (Berks County, PA), wastewater treatment plant and discharge, D‑1994-042 CP-2.
- Meter Services Company (PA), groundwater withdrawal, D-1994-049 CP-3.
- Six Flags Great Adventure (NJ), importations and surface water withdrawals, D-1996-006 CP‑2.
- Concord Township (PA), Central wastewater treatment plant, D-1997-019 CP-4.
- Calpine Corporation (DE), surface water withdrawals, D-2000-012 CP-2. Consideration of this docket has been postponed to allow additional time for review.
- Lower Makefield Township (PA), groundwater withdrawal, D-2002-048 CP-3.
- Buckingham Township (PA), wastewater treatment plants, D-2004-015 CP-3.
- Chadds Ford Township Sewer Authority (PA), Turner's Mill wastewater treatment plant, D‑2005-022 CP-3.
- Alsace Township (PA), wastewater treatment plant and discharge, D-2006-005 CP-3.
- Bedminster Municipal Authority (PA), Pennland Farms wastewater treatment plant, D‑2006-010 CP-3.
- Camp Lohikan (PA), wastewater treatment plant and discharges, D-2009-024-2.
- Town of Liberty (NY), multiple well fields, groundwater supply, D-1967-121 CP-2.
- Fallsburg Consolidated Water District (NY), groundwater withdrawals, D-1990-105 CP-4.
- Jim Thorpe Borough (PA), wastewater treatment plant, D-1996-019 CP-3.
- Cott Beverages, Inc. (PA), industrial wastewater plant and discharge, D-2007-006-3.
- Cochecton Town (NY), Lake Huntingdon wastewater treatment plant and discharge, D‑2015-009 CP-1.
- Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (PA), surface water withdrawal, D-2015-017 CP-1. View comment and response document.
- Eastern Shore Natural Gas Company (DE), construction of White Oak Mainline Expansion Project, D-2015-020-1.
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PA), Quakake Mine Pool Well groundwater withdrawal, D-2015-021 CP-1.