NJDOE ESSA Technical Assistance
Updating Central Contacts and Completing General Assurances in EWEG
The purpose of this presentation is to demonstrate how to update LEA central contact information in the EWEG system.
Logging in to EWEG
Welcome to the new EWEG log-in screen. On the right hand side, you enter your log-in information.
- Enter your username, password, and county district.
- Select the "logon" button.
Transferring Central Contact Information to the Next Grant Year
- Select the "LEA Central Contact – Required" link.
- On the "Year Selection" page, the years are listed in a table. The first column lists the year, and the second column indicates if the year is "opened." Select the radio button for the previous grant year, which in this case is 2016-17.
- To use last year's data, select the 'Copy to New Year' button.
- To create a blank template, select the 'Add New Year' button. Please be aware that if you select 'Add New Year,' you must enter all contact information for each entitlement grant.
Updating Central Contacts
- Follow steps 1 to 3 in the "Transferring Central Contact Information to the Next Grant Year" section above.
- This page shows a two column table. The first column is the year, and the select column indicates if the year is "Opened." Select the radio button for the new year. In this case, 2017-18.
- Select the 'Open' button.
- You now have access to all contact information for each entitlement grant that the district is eligible for. The tabs are as follows:
- Central Contacts
- ESSA Contact
- IDEA Contact
- DUNS Number
- General Assurances
- Perkins Secondary
- Perkins Post Secondary
General Assurances Tab
This tab is required.
- On the "LEA Central Contact" page, Select the "General Assurances" tab.
- Select the "assurances" link to open the assurances document. Note that the link opens the document in a new tab or window.
- Read the document.
- Close the document.
- On the "General Assurances" page, you must agree to the assurances by placing a check in the box. This grants you access to the entitlement applications.
- Select the "Legal Entity Agrees" button.
- The date automatically appears in the "General Assurances Agreed to on" box.