1999 New Jersey Public School Technology Survey
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
1999 SCHOOL TECHNOLOGY SURVEY
Fill out one survey form for each school in the district.
A glossary is included.
Note: If administrative offices are housed in a separate facility then its data should be included with one of the district's schools.
|Person completing this form:||Title:||email:|
Select a School From the List
|School Phone:||School Fax:|
|# of Teachers:||# of Students:||Grade Span:|
|Principal:||Principal's e-mail:||Media Specialist:||Media Specialist's
|Technology Coordinator:||Technology Coordinator's e-mail:||School Web Site:|
1. Estimate the percentage of teachers in your
school at each skill level in the use of technology in instruction.
(Beginner: Introduction to Operations, Intermediate: Uses Applications,
Advanced: Curriculum Integration, Instructor: Teaches Applications)
% Instructor Level
2. Does your school have a technology coordinator? Yes, full time or part time ; No
3. Is there someone at your school whose responsibilities include providing leadership and support for teachers in integrating technology into the curriculum? Yes No
4. If you were to receive assistance for educational
technology, how would you prioritize the following?
(10= highest, 1= lowest) [Use each number only once]
Grant Writing Skills
5. In what year was your school's main instructional building constructed? year
6. Does your school have a LAN (local area network)? Yes No
7. Is your school connected to other buildings
in your district through a WAN (wide area network)?
8. Does your school have distance learning capabilities?
If yes, then what type of connection are you currently using: (Check each that is applicable to your site.)
IDLS: [ County-wide IntraLATA]
9. If you do not have a satellite dish do you have access to the transmissions from one? Yes No
10. Do students participate in classes originating
from remote sites? Yes
If yes, check all that are applicable.
Other (please specify) .
11. What areas of the Core Curriculum Content
Standards are supported by your school's distance learning activities:
(Rating 8=highest, 1=lowest) [Use each number only once]
Cross Content Workplace Readiness
Art (Visual and Performing)
Comprehensive Health and Physical Education
Language Arts Literacy
12. Does your school have access to the Internet?
If this access is by direct link, what is the bandwidth capacity? Check all applicable.
Other (Please specify)
If access is through a dial-up link, how many modems and dial
up lines are in this school?
# of 14.4 Bps. or less
# of 28.8 Bps. or less
# of dial up lines
13. Indicate the percentage of school-based connectivity for each group.
14. Indicate the numbers requested for each location:
|Classroom/Instructional||Library/Media Center||Computer Labs||Administrative Offices|
|Number of rooms assigned as:|
|Number of computers per category:|
|Number of Internet connections:|
15. Does your school have an Acceptable Use
Policy (AUP) for Internet use?
Yes , No
16. What percent of all students in your school
use the World Wide Web on a regular basis as part of the curriculum? Check
0-30% 31-80% over 80%
17. To what extent is technology, such as computers,
used in the following Core Curriculum Content Areas?
(Rating 8= highest, 1= lowest) [use numbers only once]
A. Cross Content Workplace Readiness
B. Art (Visual and Performing)
C. Comprehensive Health and Physical Education
D. Language Arts Literacy
G. Social Studies
H. World Languages
18. Identify the number of computers by type that are in use in the following locations:
|Library Media Centers||Administrative
|Mac 20/30 series (or earlier)|
|Mac 40 Series (68040) (or later)|
|Mac Power PC|
|Library Media Centers||Administrative
|Pentium II (686)|
19. Please indicate the number of each type of equipment in your building:
|Laser disc Players|
|Computer Projection Devices|
|Web TV Units|
20. Describe or add any information
that you feel is valuable for us to know: