School Improvement (Title I SIA, Part g)
The ARRA School Improvement Grant (SIG) Fund, authorizes funds to help schools in improvement, corrective action, and restructuring to improve student achievement through a competitive grant application. In conjunction with funds reserved under SIG, these funds are to be used to leverage change, targeting activities towards measurable outcomes. Expected results from the use of these funds include improving student proficiency, helping schools make adequate yearly progress, and using data to inform decisions and create a system of continuous feedback and improvement. The priority for funding is to serve the persistently lowest achieving (PLA) schools as listed in Tiers I and II below. The amount of the award to each eligible district with Title I schools in need of improvement must not be less than $50,000 or more than $2,000,000. These funds are in addition to the annual Title I allocation.
For specific questions regarding the use of ARRA Title I funds please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ARRA Title I SIG Notice of Grant Opportunity
- SIG Fact Sheet
- Definition of Persistently Low Achieving Schools (SFSF Descriptor D1)
- List of Tier I Schools (SFSF Indicator D3)
- List of Tier II Schools (SFSF Indicator D5)
- ARRA Title I School Improvement Grant (SIG) Waivers - Request for Comments
- Title I SIA, Part g Guidance
Note: federal guidelines are subject to change and the department will post the most current information as soon as we receive it.