Assessment» Assessment Home
Alternative High School Assessment (formerly SRA)
The Special Review Assessment (SRA) is an alternative assessment that provides students with the opportunity to exhibit their understanding and mastery of the HSPA skills in contexts that are familiar and related to their experiences. The SRA content is linked to the HSPA test specifications in order to ensure that students who are certified through the SRA process have demonstrated the same skills and competencies at comparable levels as students who passed the written HSPA test.
Starting in the year 2003-2004 school year, the SRA Performance Assessment Tasks will be available in Spanish, Portuguese and Gujaratu.
- 2013-2014 Alternative High School Assessment (AHSA) Technical Assistance PowerPoint
- Educational Proficiency Plan (EPP) and LAL and Math Appeals
- Educational Proficiency Plan Webinar
- SRA 2008-2009 Analysis: for Districts with 10% or Higher SRA Rate Complete and submit directly online – no mail or hardcopy submission necessary.
- The New Special Review Assessment (SRA): An Informational Update for Administrators for 2009-2010
- Memo Regarding State Board Action to Improve the SRA Process - 4/10/08
- Standards and Expectations:
Alternative Approaches to Meeting New Jersey’s High School Assessment Requirements (January 9, 2008)
- The SRA: Alternative Approaches to Meeting New Jersey’s High School Assessment Requirements (January 9, 2008)
- SRA Mathematics
Scoring Open-Ended Items
- SRA memo to State Board June 30, 2005
Mathematics: A Rubric Scoring Handbook
Paper, New Special Review Assessment
- SRA HSPA Language Arts Literacy: A Writing and Reading Handbook
- Alternative High School Assessment (AHSA) Administration Manual 2013-2014 School Year
- The Expectations Gap: A 50-State Review of High School Graduation Requirements
- Do Graduation Tests Measure Up? A Closer Look at State High School Exit Exams