Present a formal plan of action in outline format to sensitize school personnel to insure that the intake of new students is sensitive and informative for the administration, staff, parents, and new students. The following steps will guide you toward completion of the assignment.
- Review the information presented in "Section One: The Students."
- Reflect particularly on the questions and your answers to "Sensitizing School Personnel."
- Create a plan of action to sensitize school personnel, based on a) your role in a district and b) what you have learned. Write no more than 1 1/2 pages. You may want to use the attached document to begin your plan.
- Prioritize the steps in your plan, giving reasons for the position in the priority list.
- Review and discuss plans with other participants in your workshop.
- Give feedback to at least two other participants. [See Discussion Rubric requirements and scoring of responses.]
- Make sure that feedback is based on the information learned in the lesson.