Bureau of Bilingual/ESL Education
» Bilingual Home «
Title III of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act
Title III Federal Statute*
- Sec. 3001. Authorizations of appropriations; condition on effectiveness of parts.
- Sec. 3111. Formula grants to states.
In General - subgrants for LEP students
Required Reservations - subgrants for eligible immigrant students
- Sec. 3112. Native American and Alaska native children in school.
- Sec. 3113. State and specially qualified agency plans.
- Sec. 3114. Within-state allocations.
- Sec. 3115. Subgrants to eligible entities.
- Purpose of (LEP student) subgrants
- Administrative expenses
- Required subgrantee activities
- Authorized subgrantee activities
- Activities by agencies experiencing substantial increases in immigrant children and youth
- Supplement not supplant
- Sec. 3116. Local Plans.
- Sec. 3121. Evaluations.
- Sec. 3122. Achievement objectives and accountability.
- Sec. 3123. Reporting requirements.
- Sec. 3124. Coordination with related programs.
- Sec. 3125. Rules of construction.
- Sec. 3126. Legal authority under state law.
- Sec. 3127. Civil rights.
- Sec. 3128. Programs for Native Americans and Puerto Rico.
- Sec. 3129. Prohibition.
- Sec. 3131. National Professional Development Project.
- Sec. 3141. Eligible Entity.
Part B Improving Language Instruction Educational Programs (not currently in effect)
PART C General Provisions
- Sec. 3301. Definitions.
- Sec. 3302. Parental notification.
- Sec. 3303. National Clearinghouse.
- Sec. 3304. Regulations.
*Italics were added for clarification