A Personalized Student Learning Plan (PSLP) is defined as a formalized plan and process that involves students setting learning goals based on personal, academic and career interests, beginning in the middle school grades and continuing throughout high school with the close support of adult mentors that include teachers, counselors and parents. (N.J.A.C. 6A:8)
- NJDOE Personalized Student Learning Plan Fact Sheet
- PSLP Pilot Program Information (July 1, 2009 – June 30, 2012)
Resources for Implementing Personalized Student Learning Plan (PSLP) Programs
- A Guide for Implementing Personalized Student Learning Plan (PSLP) Programs provides a framework and strategies for school administrators and staff interested in learning how to implement a personalized student learning plan program at their schools. The framework contains ten core components necessary for PSLP program success, and resources to support implementation, including a readiness assessment, recommended tasks and timeline, and curriculum tools and resources.
- New Jersey Career Assistance Navigator (NJCAN) is a state-sponsored web-based career information system that contains resources to support students' lifelong career exploration and planning. This system includes self-assessments, college and other postsecondary school information, a searchable directory of scholarships, including opportunities specifically for New Jersey students, an extensive career database and the latest national, state and local labor market data and projections. School districts and education institutions interested in using NJCAN can complete the registration form (Word | PDF)and email it to email@example.com. If you are interested in training, please complete the training form (Word | PDF) and return it to Becky Kelleman, NJCAN trainer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PSLP Workshops: November 20, 2013 and November 21, 2013
- Contact information for PSLP mentors - The PSLP mentors are select schools that participated in the PSLP pilot program and have continued implementation. Each PSLP mentor has experience with implementation and is available during the 2013-2014 school year to share their successes and challenges with interested schools. Please feel free to contact them by telephone or email.
- PSLP Mentor Focus – Video of Northern Burlington Regional High School's PSLP involves families.