New Praxis Test Information:
Effective September 1, 2014 the following Praxis II tests codes will change:
|Test Name||New Test Code|
|Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects||5001|
|Reading and Language Arts Subtest||5002|
|Social Studies Subtest||5004|
|Family and Consumer Sciences||5122|
|Health and Physical Education: Content Knowledge||5857|
|Middle School Science||5440|
Effective July 7, 2014, regulations regarding GPA requirements, flexibility rules, and basic skills tests changed. The changes are as follows:
- Students graduating after September 1, 2016 will need to achieve a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00.
- Students graduating prior to September 1, 2016 require a minimum GPA of 2.75.
- An eligible candidate may have a GPA lower than 3.00 and higher than 2.75 if they are sponsored by an Alternate Route Training Program.
- If an applicant has below a 3.00 GPA and above a 2.75, he or she can apply for flex rule with higher praxis test scores.
- If an applicant has 3.5 GPA or higher, he or she can use flex rule for lower praxis test scores.
Additional Testing effective September 1, 2015:
- All candidates must pass a Commissioner-approved test of basic skills, or score a 1660 or higher on the SAT or 23 or higher on the ACT, or at least a 4 on the analytical writing section and a combined score of 310 on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
To view the Training Workshop Presentations in regard to these changes, please click here.
- Our office provides transcript evaluations to determine if your coursework meets certification requirements for a $70.00 evaluation fee.
- Due to our busy processing season, this service will be suspended from May 1, 2014 through September 30, 2014. During this period you still have the option of applying for certification at regular costs.
- Evaluations will be available again effective October 1, 2014.