New Praxis Test Information:
Effective September 1, 2014 the following Praxis II tests codes will change:
|Test Name||New Test Code|
|Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects||5001|
|Reading and Language Arts Subtest||5002|
|Social Studies Subtest||5004|
|Family and Consumer Sciences||5122|
|Health and Physical Education: Content Knowledge||5857|
|Middle School Science||5440|
Effective July 7, 2014, regulations regarding GPA requirements, flexibility rules, and basic skills tests changed. The changes are as follows:
- Students graduating after September 1, 2016 will need to achieve a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00.
- Students graduating prior to September 1, 2016 require a minimum GPA of 2.75. Note that New Jersey preparation programs are free to exceed this minimum, and that most do so.
- An eligible candidate may have a GPA lower than 3.00 and higher than 2.75 if they are sponsored by an Alternate Route Training Program.
- If an applicant has below a 2.75 GPA and above a 2.50, he or she can apply for flex rule with higher praxis test scores.
- If an applicant has 3.5 GPA or higher, he or she can use flex rule for lower praxis test scores unless otherwise precluded by their educator preparation program. Note that most New Jersey preparation programs do not allow this flexibility.
Additional Testing effective September 1, 2015:
- All candidates must pass a Commissioner-approved test of basic skills, or score a 1660 or higher on the SAT or 23 or higher on the ACT, or at least a 4 on the analytical writing section and a combined score of 310 on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Note that New Jersey preparation programs are not required to accept these alternatives.
To view the Training Workshop Presentations in regard to these changes, please click here.
- Our office provides transcript evaluations to determine if your coursework meets certification requirements for a $70.00 evaluation fee.
- Please click here for the procedures to obtain a transcript evaluation.