New Praxis Test Information:
Effective September 1, 2014 the following Praxis II tests codes will change:
|Test Name||New Test Code|
|Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects||5001|
|Reading and Language Arts Subtest||5002|
|Social Studies Subtest||5004|
|Family and Consumer Sciences||5122|
|Health and Physical Education: Content Knowledge||5857|
|Middle School Science||5440|
Effective July 7, 2014, regulations regarding GPA requirements, flexibility rules, and basic skills tests changed. The changes are as follows:
- Students graduating after September 1, 2016 will need to achieve a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00.
- Students graduating prior to September 1, 2016 require a minimum GPA of 2.75.
- An eligible candidate may have a GPA lower than 3.00 and higher than 2.75 if they are sponsored by an Alternate Route Training Program.
- If an applicant has below a 2.75 GPA and above a 2.50, he or she can apply for flex rule with higher praxis test scores.
- If an applicant has 3.5 GPA or higher, he or she can use flex rule for lower praxis test scores.
Additional Testing effective September 1, 2015:
- All candidates must pass a Commissioner-approved test of basic skills, or score a 1660 or higher on the SAT or 23 or higher on the ACT, or at least a 4 on the analytical writing section and a combined score of 310 on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
To view the Training Workshop Presentations in regard to these changes, please click here.
- Our office provides transcript evaluations to determine if your coursework meets certification requirements for a $70.00 evaluation fee.
- Please click here for the procedures to obtain a transcript evaluation.