DOE A to Z:
A B C
D E F
G H I
J K L
M N O
P Q R
S T U
V W X
Y Z #
Alternate Route: CE
- Certficate of Eligibilty.
- When a candidate is hired, the district/school must register candidate into the Provisional Teacher Program and a provisional license is issued.
Mentoring and Formal Instruction
Mentoring: A full year of support by a school-based experienced teacher, including a meeting once per week for the first eight weeks of the program. Formal Instruction: at least 200 hours of instruction aligned with the New Jersey Professional Standards for Teachers concurrent with employment.
Supervision and Evaluation
- At least two years of effective or highly effective evaluations under the AchieveNJ system.
- Applicant will apply online for standard license and pay $100 administrative fee.
Provisional Teacher Program Training Mentoring Costs
- - $1000 is paid to the teacher who serves as the experienced mentor over the duration of program.
Provisonal Teacher Program Training Costs