Alternate Route: CE
- Certficate of Eligibilty.
- When a candidate is hired, the district/school must register candidate into the Provisional Teacher Program and a provisional license is issued.
Mentoring and Formal Instruction
Mentoring: 34 weeks of support by a school-based experienced teacher, including a meeting once per week for the first eight weeks of the program. Formal Instruction: at least 200 hours of instruction aligned with the New Jersey Professional Standards for Teachers concurrent with employment.
Supervision and Evaluation
- Three evaluations by school based administrators, including final summative evaluation recommending the novice teacher for standard certificate.
- Applicant will apply online for standard license and pay $100 administrative fee.
Provisional Teacher Program Training Mentoring Costs
- - $1000 is paid to the teacher who serves as the experienced mentor over the 34 week duration of program.
Provisonal Teacher Program Training Costs
- - Fees for 200 hours of regional training and 45 hour math and language arts classes for elementary candidates are listed on the Department website at http://www.nj.gov/education/
- - Tuition varies at college-based programs.