Guidelines For Letters Of Employment Experience
- The letter must be original on school district letterhead signed by an appropriate school district official.
- The letter needs to document applicant’s years of fulltime teaching experience.
- The teaching experience must be completed under a valid New Jersey state certificate or its out-of-state-equivalent. (Emergency, conditional or substitute certificates are not considered valid certificates for this purpose.)
- The letter should also include information about full or part-time status, specific teaching assignment and dates of employment.
- If possible, please include the letter of employment experience together along with ALL other documents when you apply.
Employment experience letters will be needed for the following certificate areas:
1) Applicants applying for a standard certificate (out-of-state applicants only).
2) New Jersey applicants already holding the old standard Teacher of the Handicapped certificate who are now applying for another instructional certificate.
1) Out-of-state applicants
2) New Jersey applicants for Supervisor (needs 3 years of teaching experience)
1) All of out-of-state applicants with at least 3 years of experience under a valid out-of-state license (validity will be determined by the NJ Department of Education).
2) Director of School Counseling Services
3) Learning Disabilities Teacher-Consultant
4) Reading Specialist
5) Cooperative Education Coordinator – Hazardous occupation
6) Cooperative Education Coordinator – Non–Hazardous occupation
7) Structured Learning Experience/Career Education Coordinator.
8) County Apprenticeship Coordinator.